• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET Parking Fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET Parking Fine

Hi all

New to this site so hopefully am posting in the right part!

Just received a PCN from MET Parking Services this morning.

I've been doing a lot of reading into these lovely people (online and in these forums) and have a few questions that you guys could hopefully answer for me:

• From my reading, I understand that some people advise never to pay MET PCNs - is this correct/viable and, if so, why?
    • I understand that their powers to 'enforce' are not within any legal parameters - if this is correct, should I bother paying them?
    • People have said that if you don't pay, they send you a few bogus solicitor's/baliff letters - but after that they just give up and move on to another poor sucker. Is this true?

I've posted a new thread on here as the one I have been reading was a year ago or so and, as you can imagine, is a bit clogged up now.

So if anyone has any advice to give or experiences to share regarding my above three points, I would be most grateful!

Cheers!

P.S I don't usually try to or advocate not paying parking fines, however due to MET's presence in the private car park in the block of flats WHERE I LIVE, they haven't issued my flat with a parking space despite there being 30 odd free bays at any one time - so they are making my blood boil a little!
    Tags: None

Re: MET Parking Fine

So what does your lease say about parking?

Ignore was the OLD advice

Comment

In my lease I haven't been allocated a space, however, I stupidly failed to mention that i was only parked for 20 minutes whilst loading and the parking attendant took his opportunity whilst I was away from the car getting things to load in.

Comment

Although you haven't been allocated a space what else does tt say (or not say) about parking.

Comment

All you've had is a notice from the attendant ?

If so wait for the notice to keeper to arrive via post (between 28 & 56 days)

File everything.

Did he take a picture of you ?

M1

Comment

Thanks M1. Been waiting for your reply - in my one day of looking around the forums you seem to have a good reputation for parking knowledge!

I assume there were pictures but as it was only today, they haven't been uploaded to the metreview.co.uk website yet.

If there are any pictures, any further advice? Cheers!

Comment

No further advice at present. Check what the lease says about entitlement to park and await the NTK.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X