• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Smartparking Ltd and Asda packing charge notice scam?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smartparking Ltd and Asda packing charge notice scam?

I have just received a parking charge notice from smartparking ltd in relation to parking at an asda supermarket back in August. I was firstly surprised to receive this notice as I never received a parking ticket on the day. Therefore the first I knew of this supposed parking infringement was today when they sent me a demand for £70. I bought a valid ticket AND displayed it on the day - although smartparking claim my contravention was no valid ticket. I arrived at asda at about 2.30pm, paid the £1 for the 2 hr parking and received the £1 refund back from asda when I completed the checkout at 4.15pm. The supposed contravention of not having a valid ticket was timed at 3.40pm,

I spoke with smartparking today who informed me that a ticket was issued on the day. I also checked the pcn online and discover the photographic evidence they had attached was of the ground and the end of someone's boot?!?

Obviously I have gone down the route of appeal stating the fa ct that a ticket was not received on the day, a valid ticket was purchased and displayed and subsequently refunded by asda on the day ( having luckily still kept the till receipt confirming this)

Where can I go from here?

I look forward to some advice.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Smartparking Ltd and Asda packing charge notice scam?

Aside from awaiting a probable rejection you should hot foot it to the store managers door and see what he says.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      Aside from awaiting a probable rejection you should hot foot it to the store managers door and see what he says.

M1

thanks but whilst investigating this issue on other sites, asda wont want to know at all stating they dont own the car park even though they have instructed smartparking ltd to enforce the parking ?!? :tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

So much b0llocks is spouted it's hard to know for certain. If you don't ask they'll never cancel or help you though.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X