• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Mr...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Not much more detail than what he posted. Haven't checked all 3 and it's 3 weeks since i read the top 2 links.

M1

Comment

When are PPCs going to get it into their heads that photos of a vehicle entering and leaving a car parking are not evidence that the vehicle has been parked in that car park. Far from it. My inclination would be to ask a court to strike out or reject any claim brought by a PPC who could not produce a photo of a vehicle parked in a car park between two certain times. Anyone can take photos of a vehicle entering and leaving a location, send it to someone and claim they them owed money. One PPC and its director has been fined a total of £30,000 and it is high time the others were dealt with in a similar fashion. Fine them and keep fining them until they realise they are not above the law, do not make the law and have to obey the law.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
        When are PPCs going to get it into their heads that photos of a vehicle entering and leaving a car parking are not evidence that the vehicle has been parked in that car park. Far from it. My inclination would be to ask a court to strike out or reject any claim brought by a PPC who could not produce a photo of a vehicle parked in a car park between two certain times. Anyone can take photos of a vehicle entering and leaving a location, send it to someone and claim they them owed money. One PPC and its director has been fined a total of £30,000 and it is high time the others were dealt with in a similar fashion. Fine them and keep fining them until they realise they are not above the law, do not make the law and have to obey the law.

Balance of probability.

M1

Comment

although i respect all your posts and you are right on your info posted in legal actions ,just remember no law has been broken and this is only civil, i think this has gone too deep into legal for parking eye, this is NOT the same fine as one from the council or police they cant enforce it fully and rely on scare tactic's for you to pay, they will send you 3 letters in total and you should ignore all 3 then they stop(i know this and yes i have had the letters), a visit to the owner of the parks manager will also help as they wont want to loose the custom.

some more proof that this is bs
          http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=2294335

Comment

Hi Jon,

Firstly welcome to Legal Beagles - it is always good to have new members.

Sadly your first post is simply wrong. I don't know how long you have been following the PPC issue for. Your advice would have been absolutely spot on until not too long ago, but as the PPC's got used to the ignore tactics being used, they changed theirs.

Nowadays, while you may get away with ignoring, you are more than likely to end up with a default judgment against you in court, so anyone reading the above post should treat it with a large pinch of salt. It is NOT the usual advice for LB.

It's always good to hear new views, but we get all sorts here, even occasionally people from the PPC's themselves who might try and give incorrect advice for their own benefit. I'm not for one moment suggesting this is the case with you.

Even when ignoring was the correct advice, it wasn't as simple as you'd get three letters and then they'd stop. Each PPC had its own chain of letters, of varying lengths, and not always following exactly the same pattern.

Currently our best advice can be found here:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Notice-Advice

This is borne out across all the respected sites, so ignore it at your own peril.

:beagle: :beagle: :beagle:

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
              Balance of probability.

M1
              Even if a PPC did argue that particular point, I am of the opinion they would struggle to prove the vehicle had been parked in a car park they managed. A vehicle could drive in, find no parking spaces and drive straight out again. Under those particular circumstances, a PPC has no case.
              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Could anyone help? My company received a Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice on 2.1.14 dated 21.12.13 stating there was a parking charge amount due of £100 but would be discounted to £60 if paid within 14 days of the date issued (4.1.14.) But after this date the full parking charge amount will be owed.

The time in the car park was 2 hours 15 mins, in the body of the letter it states "by either not purchasing the appropriate time or by remaining at the car park for longer than permitted, in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in the signage, the Parking Charge is now payable to the Parking Eye Ltd (as the Creditor)

The car is a company car with no named driver. A parking ticket was purchased but the driver did not keep it.

We received a final notice dated 25/1/14 stating that the previous two (we only received one) remain outstanding and the amount now payable is £100, they then go on to say if the letter is ignored further action may include instruction of solicitors to secure immediate payment of the issuing of court proceedings which could incur further costs which may be added to the amount owed and to avoid further costs or action please pay the outstanding.

On 21.3.14 we received a letter from DRP Debt Recovery Plus Ltd demand for payment of unpaid parking charge £150

"If you don't pay what you owe by 1.4.14 or if you have not agreed to a payment option with us by then we will recommend to the creditors solicitor that court action should be taken".

Should we pay this fine? we are loath to do so as the driver assures us a ticket was purchased at the time.

the driver bought a ticket and displayed it in the car (but has did not keep the ticket)

Comment

Originally posted by asktherightquestion View Post
                  Could anyone help? My company received a Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice on 2.1.14 dated 21.12.13 stating there was a parking charge amount due of £100 but would be discounted to £60 if paid within 14 days of the date issued (4.1.14.) But after this date the full parking charge amount will be owed.

The time in the car park was 2 hours 15 mins, in the body of the letter it states "by either not purchasing the appropriate time or by remaining at the car park for longer than permitted, in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in the signage, the Parking Charge is now payable to the Parking Eye Ltd (as the Creditor)

The car is a company car with no named driver. A parking ticket was purchased but the driver did not keep it.

We received a final notice dated 25/1/14 stating that the previous two (we only received one) remain outstanding and the amount now payable is £100, they then go on to say if the letter is ignored further action may include instruction of solicitors to secure immediate payment of the issuing of court proceedings which could incur further costs which may be added to the amount owed and to avoid further costs or action please pay the outstanding.

On 21.3.14 we received a letter from DRP Debt Recovery Plus Ltd demand for payment of unpaid parking charge £150

"If you don't pay what you owe by 1.4.14 or if you have not agreed to a payment option with us by then we will recommend to the creditors solicitor that court action should be taken".

Should we pay this fine? we are loath to do so as the driver assures us a ticket was purchased at the time.

the driver bought a ticket and displayed it in the car (but has did not keep the ticket)

Give them the name and address of the driver. This extinguishes keeper liability.

The driver should then appeal and if they do not accept he paid the popla code should be sent at which time the driver can alter http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter to suit (adding in that he paid obviously) and the tickets will be wiped out.

M1

Comment

Thank you for this what would happen if we could not identify the driver would the company be liable?

Comment

The registered keeper can be held liable. It's far easier to win at popla than court which is where the company could end up.

I'd rather name myself and win at popla than go to court and take my chances. I wouldn't advocate deliberately naming the wrong driver though but best guess is no crime.

M1

Comment

Dear All,

STRIKE BACK

These people - Parking Eye are operating what appears to be a legalised scam. My daughter recently ran foul of them and I received a demand letter this morning.

Hit them where it hurts! They are in this to make money (obviously) and are conning shops and businesses into using their very dubious services. I spoke to a number of retail outlets where my daughter was nabbed and they all told me that customers were enraged by these ridiculous charges "fines"?

Remember that traders want customers in their shops, browsing and shopping. They do NOT want to infuriate their customers. So, complain loud and long to the retailer. From their website I cannot see whether the traders receive a kick-back or not. It is highly unlikely that the general public would use the majority of parking areas as some sort of "free parking" while they did business elsewhere.

So my advice is . . .

Complain to the retailers, loud and long. Ask them what, if anything, they get out of Parking Eye. Explain how this company enrages customers with their totally unreasonable "fines".

Strike back - these people are proving nothing worthwhile

Comment

PEOPLE OF THE UK LISTEN TO THIS AS I WENT THROUGH THE WHOLE PROCESS AND ITS A COMPLETE SCAM BY PARKINGEYE!!! THEY WILL NOT TAKE YOU TO COURT!

Things have changed since a few years ago when you get would get a charge and just ignore it. they now persue you for the amount but here is what you do:

Firsty they will send you letter after letter, IGNORE ALL OF THEM! and dont panic by whaever they say. Eventually the will take the dispute to court but WILL NEVER ACTUALLY GO AS IT COSTS THEM TOO MUCH MONEY. What they will do is go through mediation which is when someone will ring you and then at the same time to try and resolve it before you go to court. During mediation say that you have never recieved any letters from them and you are suddenly faced with a £175 pound court fine. THis is a great argument because in court they would have to prove that they have sent the letters which they cant,. Secondly say they YOU have sent several letters to them which they have not responded to state you wish to pay a resonable amount (£20) for loses incrued. This means that in court there is no way they can make you pay for the late charges as you are using the same argument that you have sent letters that they have not replied to. They are insturcted to reject the FIRST 3 offers during mediation but just STICK TO YOU GUNS AND DONT BE INTEMIDATED. all this cost them money and if they had to go through mediation with everyone they would be out of business, at least if you draw it out and make them pay for mediation (does nothing to your credit history or cost you anyything) it will cost them time and money. PLEASE PLEAS PLEASE DONT PAY THEM, WAIT UNITL MEDIATION THEN OFFER AN AMOUNT!!!!! ALSO JUDGES ARE VERY UNSYMPATHETIC TO PARKEYE SO IF YOU ARE REASONABLE (OFFER OF AROUNFD£20 -40 pounds PARKEYE WILL NEVER TAKE THIS FURTHER> GOOD LUCK AND LETS GET THESE COWBOYS OUT OF BUSINESS, my final agreed settlement was £45 (from £175 court fee) which must of enraged them

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X