• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Assistance with UKPC parking charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assistance with UKPC parking charge

Hello all.... I’m after some advice on what to do next with a parking charge I received 08/02/17

i have taken pictures of where I was accused of parking when it was roughly how busy it was at the time the charge was issued... it’s not the same time or week day, to my knowledge but I could easily go there and take a pic to show typical business. I’ve kept the original charge ticket and the NTC and final reminder. I’ve also saved the picture evidence they posted online of the offence. Which is blurry and unclear to say the least. From then I’ve received 5 debt recover letters from Debt Recovery Plus LTD. Then a further two from Zenith Collections. I hadn’t heard anything from approx 03/07/17. Now today I’ve received a letter from SCS Law with the usual ‘May take steps’ and and what not

Do I continue to ignore these or where should I go from here. I’m prepared to take this further and to court if need be out of pure principle

the car park where the charge took place is a free car park (MotherCare, Romford) and it was practically empty so no potential earnings were lost

happy to upload pics of letters if need be

thanks in advance

steve
    Last edited by Roller83; 1st June 2018, 18:19:PM.
    Tags: None

Rewrite so that the possible identity of the driver cannot be inferred.

Ignoring parking notices has not been the advice since 2012.

Post up the SCS law letter suitably redacted and the original ticket you received. Photos of the signs would be nice.

The car park being empty and no loss is irrelevant, it's all down to the contract you agreed to by reading the signs.

They are trying to claim form you as the keeper of the car using schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012

Comment

Thanks for your response. I’m currently emailing the pics smaller to try then upload then

in the meantime I’ve edited original post, can u read it for me. I’ve changed a detail or two as well that may be relevant

im now aware that ignoring them isn’t the most updated advice but it’s the option I took at the time. Maybe it was a mistake but I’m afraid I can’t change that now

ive done a little research and a previous case in 2016 similar to my own and I thought it would be relevant as UKPC my try issuing proceedings of loss of earnings? But I’m basically clueless. Hence why I’m here

the car park is very big with multiple stores on it and across the road from all the stores is a hospital with a cash machine. I checked the evidence online but would happily do so again if need be. As far as I can see there’s now evidence as to the person driving the vehicle leaving the site. And has it been a witness statement from someone working for UKPC, surely they’d have a duty to tell someone that it’s their duty to issue charges for someone leaving the site. Giving the person the chance to pay there n then or not leave the site?

also think I’ve read that UKPC are renowned for this and currently close to wrapping up altogether

Comment

I’m having issues uploading the pictures of the bits that I mentioned. Can I possibly email them directly to someone?

obviously I want them to be clear

Comment

Sorry I’m struggling editing my posts.... there is NO evidence of me leaving the car park, as far as I’m aware.

Comment

do you want to email me the images - admin@legalbeagles.info - and I'll get them uploaded for you.

Was it a three hour time limit on the free parking ?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Amethyst that is correct... 3 hour limit. Although the ticket shows it was issued after abiut 36 minutes from the car being parked there

im gonna fire over some of the original pics I have now. Pics I took, the pic evidence they have and pics of letters I got and ticket

thanks a lot

Comment

So what was the reason they issued the NTK? You are hinting at "leaving the car park"

Comment

OSTELL- correct. Leaving the car park site

Comment

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?...=post&id=16231

here is the case I mentioned that was similar to mine

Comment

Commonly known as the toothbrush case.

Comment

So can anyone advise on where to go from here.... hopefully my pics went through and will help

Comment

So it would help to see the Notice to Keeper. Did you send it? You can load it to a picture hosting site and then paste the link here. You found the case on PepiPoo, did you search for other cases there, with possible action to take.

Comment

OSTELL... I emailed them all across to Amythst

can maybe email to u?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X