• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How best to appeal.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How best to appeal.

Hi, would really welcome some advice pls - I live in London and park on the street in a residents parking area (CPZ). On Monday morning, I parked 2 roads from my house on a quiet residential road with lots of CPZ parking at any time of the day. I usually park on this road during the day as it's beside my kids school and i go straight to work afterwards. This road is in the same CPZ as my road so I'm ok to park there and have done for the past couple of years. However, out of sheer stupidity and because i was rushing to go somewhere else that morning I parked on the oppsite end of the street to there i usally leave my car and in a doctors bay. I just didn't see the sign. Crazy as there was lots of parking on the road as it's such a quiet. No-one to blame but myself. However, it looks like they ticketed the car at 2pm and towed the car to the pound at 3pm. I arrived at 3:30pm, realized my mistake immediately when i saw the doctors sign. I recovered the car from the pound at 5pm minus £265. (£65 + £200). I've no issue with the £65 but it seems unfair for them to have taken the car away when a) they would have known i live locally and had a valid permit for that road b) it should have been clear that i made an innocent mistake as the road was almost empty with lots of parking elsewhere. 3) it wasn't causing an obstruction when they took the car away as the CPZ is from 12:30-2:30 so even if a doctor had arrived at 2:30 he could have parked anywhere on the road. When i collected the car from the pound the guy suggested i appeal when he realized i had a valid permit for the road. In fact, he wondering whyever would i have parked in the doctors bay when i could have parked anywhere. Anyway, it was a stupid mistake which I'll never make again. My question is - what's the best approach to an appeal? Just be honest and explain that it was a mistake, that I am a local resident with a valid permit for the road and it seems unfair to have charaged me £265 for a minor mistake? Any suggestions would be welcome. thanks.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X