• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Have I done something wrong (confused)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I done something wrong (confused)

Hi there all, my name is Richard and this is my first post. Don't really know if what I have done is wrong so thought I would put it out there before contesting (if needed).

My work colleagues lived on a red route and I volunteered to help them move property, knowing that the luggage is 2 suitcases and 2 people. I have attached a copy of 'evidence' to my PCN showing exactly what happened.

I didn't want to park on the drive (as it is not my colleagues property) and the main road is red routed. I never left the car and where I have parked is not an obstruction to any pedestrians or motorbility/wheelchair access. In fact I deliberately parked there to get off the double red lines.

Whilst my friends loaded the car (3 minute job) a CCTV car came up behind me, I thought this was odd as they actually parked their car half on pavement half on red lines which ironically I thought was dangerous at the time and then it drove off (nearly causing an accident btw).

Following alleged parking contravention
    46J Stopped where prohibited (on a red route or clearway) observed from 12:03 to 12:03

Many Thanks for any information good or bad in advance
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Have I done something wrong (confused)

Oh Well, Just read the Highway code, seems I am in breach. Sucks though, where else can I pick them up from?

Red lines are used on some roads instead of yellow lines. In London the double and single red linesused on Red Routes indicate that stopping to park, load/unload or to board and alight from a vehicle(except for a licensed taxi or if you hold a Blue Badge) is prohibited. The red lines apply to thecarriageway, pavement and verge. The times that the red line prohibitions apply are shown on nearbysigns, but the double red line ALWAYS means no stopping at any time. On Red Routes you may stopto park, load/unload in specially marked boxes and adjacent signs specify the times and purposesand duration allowed. A box MARKED IN RED indicates that it may only be available for the purposespecified for part of the day (eg between busy peak periods). A box MARKED IN WHITE means that itis available throughout the day.RED AND SINGLE YELLOW LINES CAN ONLY GIVE A GUIDE TO THE RESTRICTIONS ANDCONTROLS IN FORCE AND SIGNS, NEARBY OR AT A ZONE ENTRY, MUST BE CONSULTED.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X