• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCP Excess Mileage Charge Volkswagen Voluntary Termination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCP Excess Mileage Charge Volkswagen Voluntary Termination

Hi - i am looking for a way out of paying my excess mileage charge. The car is due back in July, however i have read its easier to voluntarily terminate before this point. Sorry for the rubbish pictures, this is the way VW have sent me a copy of the contract. The first picture says if the car goes back early and the mileage will be calculated etc. The second picture shows 4.4p per mile, however underneath the termination part says if you have paid half you have nothing else to pay. Its almost like the contract contradicts itself? Can anyone help? Please bear in mind i am supposed to do 30k miles by the end of september and im currently at 50k.
    Tags: None

The total max is 40,833. So at present you are 10,000 over, and I guess quite a bit more by September.

However 4.4ppm isn't that high IMO.

The legal arguments over the excess is very much hit and miss and might need you to stand up in court and take your chance with a judge, are you prepared to do that?

People on here will give you chapter and verse over the form of words to use, but that's all fine and good as it isn't them who are being chased for the money. The finance Company wrote the contract believing they could defend it in court, regardless of what the law says about PCP contracts and the limit of your liability, and WILL defend to a point - I guess it depends on whether the value of the mileage is worth them putting their legal team to the effort.

VT'ing won't change the pro-rata mileage being over, however if you VT then any further excess you are currently incurring (so every week if you drive more than 192 miles) is essentially at 4.4ppm.

The question you must ask yourself is, if I VT what car am I going to get in it's place and will it cost me more than 4.4ppm plus the current PCP monthly cost.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X