• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Land dispute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land dispute

I have a rented property and a neighbour has put a fence across my garden trying to take about size of a garage .... the land is on my deeds am i within my rights to take it down
    Tags: None

while you are waiting for more informed person to respond, I can tell you I heard someone on radio with this problem.

They were advised to get a Solicitor to write a letter to ask them to remove it with 14 days or else they would have it removed.

Also were told that if they left it in place after 20 years the neighbour owns the land although not sure about that

Comment

Write to the person that put the fence up and demand that they remove it. Tell them that if it is not removed within, say, 3 weeks then you will remove it yourself and take action to recover the cost from them.

Comment

Sorry wasn't clear if you were owner of property you rent out, or are renting the property.... if renting, have you informed your landlord of the issue ? As it will be your landlord that is the owner of the land the neighbour is taking you need to check that the landlord hasn't, for example, sold that bit of land to the neighbour etc. If it's your property, then as Ostell says... how long has it been up do you know? and did your tenants maybe give them ' permission' ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you for all replies it is my house my land as shown on my deeds . After 14 days notice I removed fence and placed all panels back on his side . He is far from happy and has thrown lots off bin rubbish in the garden . He has now been told to remove that or I will be going down the route of fly tipping without the owners concent .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X