• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Primark shoplifting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primark shoplifting

So, I’m 21 and did the most stupid thing in my life. I was buying some stuff from Primark and didn’t have enough for 2 tops I wanted. (They cost £9 together) I was caught and now told I will be sent a fine. I’m freaking out because I’ve never done a thing like this in my life. Will the fine be a lot? I’m 21 and working but can’t afford to pay out as im already neck deep on bills... I was just buying a few things I needed for work. Will this affect my credit score? Or will I get a criminal record? Will this cause issues for me in life now????
    Tags: None

You will not get a fine. Only courts and authorities can fine. What you will get is a letter from RLP asking to to pay them to cover the alleged loss at the store caused by your action.

There has been no loss, they got their goods back in a saleable condition and the security staff were doing what they were being paid to do.. They would have been paid even if you didn't give them some actual work to do. There has been and will not be, any court case therefore it cannot affect your credit score and neither can they give you a criminal record. No court so none of these fears can be realised.

Ignore the letter chain you get. The letters get more and more red ink but eventually they give up.

Comment

No, No and No to your questions

You cocked up, you got caught and you feel like crap because of it, think that's enough punishment .... I doubt you'll do it again.

Primark cannot 'fine' you, the only people who could fine you are the courts or the police if they issued a fixed penalty - but as the police weren't called, and Primark got the goods back in resaleable condition presumably, all that will happen, other than you'll have to shop somewhere else in future ( no huge loss ) is you'll get a series of letters from a third party called RLP ( most likely ) which will sound really scary and threatening and ask you to pay £80 - £140 to cover Primark's losses ( what losses those are no one knows... ).

IGNORE THEM.

I'll get you a link to the letters so you know what to expect, and you can have a read of some other shoplifters threads about the same issue.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The letters - http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...rs-rlp-and-dwf

The forum to read other peoples threads - http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...oss-prevention
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

ostell Do you know roughly how long the letters last for? If I ignore them can they take it further? Like would they try send people to collect the money, etc? Because of my age will it affect my credit score etc? Sorry for so many questions I’m just freaking out so much right now

Also, they didn’t say I’m banned but they made me empty out my handbag and took a copy of my passport. Can I get into trouble if I enter the store again?

Comment

They can do nothing not one little thing. There is no debt so they can't send debt collectors, it hasn't, and won't, go to court so no bailiffs. How can it affect your credit score? there is no debt. Look at the link that Amethyst posted.

Last time they tried court they got thoroughly spanked by the judge and haven't tried since. This was the Oxford Case.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X