• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

privacy vs public good in rasing a sexual abuse concern

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• privacy vs public good in rasing a sexual abuse concern

Hello

I am in the middle of a 3 year complaints process with the Tri Ratna Buddhist order after having been told that my brother is a practicing paedophile. Tri Ratna order is UK based and has been the sunject of regular reporting raising abuse concerns in the Guardian and on the Beeb.

My brother has been wandering about in India. My mother received an email from the NZ consulate ( we are kiwi's) advising his family that he was living in poor health in Kathmandu. After a few weeks of trying to get clear what was happening I visited my official contact person (appointed by Tri Ratna ) and not expecting the truth recorded the conversation. In the conversation I was told that it would help me to know that 'some young boys like having sex with older men' and that he had told my parents (and therefore myself) 'as much of the truth as he thought they could take'

I am now 12 months into a process of trying to raise this with Tri Ratna's safe guarding team and have just been told that they cannot listen to my recording due to the legal advice they have received.

How does my situation differ from Channel 4 reporters secretly recording Nix and co at Cambridge Analytica and getting it on national tv news?

Does 'greater public good' come into play here ?

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X