• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Divorce: will my partner be entitled to half my ISA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce: will my partner be entitled to half my ISA?

Hello just joined this forum and looking for some advice please. I think husband and I will be heading for a divorce which I will start. Will my husband be entitled to half of my ISA which is in my name and I have built up over many years and he has not contributed to?
    Tags: None

Morning It's an asset which will need to be declared and be a part of your discussions/negotiations over the financial settlement during any divorce process. ISA's can only be held in an individuals name, and unless it had been set up and the contributions made to it before you were married, it is likely to be up for discussion on settlement. There's many other factors, whether you're looking at a clean break, the financial position of each of you, whether there's children, joint mortgage, what savings your husband has and so on, but an ISA isn't 'protected'.

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.u...or-dissolution // https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.u...or-dissolution lots of info and links in the sidebar for overall views.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

We both have reasonable incomes although I've taken a significant drop in salary to take a flexible job so that I can take our son (2 years of age) to nursery I have also cut back hours so get paid less than pre baby yet still contribute equally to mortgage/bills etc
      even whilst on mat leave I continued contributing the same amount and supported myself which ate into a lot of my savings
      Athough my husband earns more than me, he doesn't save and spends most of what he earns (mostly on himself)
      will it make any difference as we have a child and I will be divorcing due to him having an affair?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X