• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED** Today received a court claim **UPDATE**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Today received a court claim **UPDATE**

Thanks Stu

Will be interested to see what they say

Hows the defence going?

Comment

Completed bar a statement I need to add regards their registration being lapsed, just not sure on the best wording for it.. Any ideas ?

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
        Neither point will change any thing, Mike post is
        interesting

nem

No it wont make difference stu the letters ok.
        It will be interesting to see what comes up,
        Responding to your PM Stu,
        The letter is good to go, please let us know what explanation they give!!

nem

Comment

Stu
          I am afraid I have no idea how to phrase it short of
          It appears the claimant is not in possession of a consumer credit licence and therefore has no right to make the claim.

Comment

Originally posted by stu82 View Post
            Completed bar a statement I need to add regards their registration being lapsed, just not sure on the best wording for it.. Any ideas ?
            As you've still got another week or so before it's due and you've just sent the letter about the lack of FCA authorisation, I'd just hold off and see how things develop on that front. :ranger:

I though I saw somewhere something about Cabot having been reprimanded or something to that effect. :confused2:

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post

I though I saw somewhere something about Cabot having been reprimanded or something to that effect. :confused2:
              Sorry FP that was nothing about Cabot

I would agree, as there is some days to file the defence it can safely be left . I always think that is filing online giving it a couple of days , or at least one is a good idea just in case there is any technical hiccup. Internet connections can not be relied upon all of the time

Comment

Been out all day and posting from iPad on the move so there's always a chance I may have missed something. :ohwell:

It's true that internet connections can't be guaranteed but, in this day and age, you can always hop it to your local WiFi enabled establishment. :thumb:

Of course it's always best to give yourself a bit of leeway, if only to avoid last-minute stress. I remember when my laptop died right in the middle of doing a tax return which was due in a few days. :Cry: Fortunately I was able to file the return somewhere else. :grin:

Comment

Ok lb's, I would just like to say thanks to everyone who has when the extra mile and helped me file my defence..., you know who you are I would tag but don't know how to. My defence went in this morning and will be submitted by the court tomorrow.... I will keep the thread updated and also on the point of Cabot not being registered I will let know if Weightmans come back on the letter is sent and their responce...

Once again thanks

Comment

That sounds good Stu

Well done

Comment

Ok lb's, I would just like to say thanks to everyone who has when the extra mile and helped me file my defence..., you know who you are I would tag but don't know how to.
                      It's just a question of typing @ then the username, i.e. you are @stu82 :thumb:
                      My defence went in this morning and will be submitted by the court tomorrow.... I will keep the thread updated and also on the point of Cabot not being registered I will let know if Weightmans come back on the letter is sent and their responce...

Once again thanks
                      Well done :clap2: and do keep us posted. :typing:

We'll keep our fingers crossed for you. ray: ray: ray:

Comment

Ok lb's, I would just like to say thanks to everyone who has when the extra mile and helped me file my defence..., you know who you are I would tag but don't know how to. My defence went in this morning and will be submitted by the court tomorrow.... I will keep the thread updated and also on the point of Cabot not being registered I will let know if Weightmans come back on the letter is sent and their responce...

Once again thanks
                        Good luck Stu!!!

Comment

Re. the letter sent to the solicitors on the subject of a lapsed registration, well one week on and no reply the letter was sent and signed for but no response... is there anything to make of it yet ?

And no response from my defence, what is the usual process after filing ?

Stu

Comment

Re. the letter sent to the solicitors on the subject of a lapsed registration, well one week on and no reply the letter was sent and signed for but no response... is there anything to make of it yet ?

And no response from my defence, what is the usual process after filing ?

Stu
                            Hello Stu,

The solicitors would refer to their " client " for this information and may have been ignored or told
                            to ignore your letter.

nem

Comment

Once they have received your defence the claimant has 28 days to respond . If they don't the case gets stayed but you do not get told

- - - Updated - - -

As for the letter I am not really surprised but it should be more ammo for you that will hopefully stop the claim. I am afraid it is just a waiting game at the moment and i don't think either of us are much good at that

Comment

The letters are pressure which should help and hopefully lead to criminal proceedings. The defence must include the lapsed registration and the fact it makes things unenforceable.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X