• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Time To Start Sorting Things Out!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time To Start Sorting Things Out!

Originally posted by Sunday Morning View Post
    in my discussion with J&P. I must admit though to being a little worried about having giving them my current address to send the documents to. Obviously baliffs are not a worry at the old address which was a property in my name. But I currently pay rent on the share of a flat with a relation of the guy who owns it. I don't know what that means in respect of any rights of access?
    I've just noticed this bit where you say you've given J&P your current address.

I think you need to deal with the Warrant of Control issue since the Claimant now knows where you live.

Your priority will be to deal with an Application to set-aside the CCJ with a Witness Statement together with a Draft Defence.

PRA have a judgment for £20k so I would expect them to contest it. Do you have any assets assuming you sold the old home and are now renting (from what you say)?

Di

Comment

Hi Diana. Essentially my job and my pension are my only asset..home is long gone and no savings

Comment

Hi

As an interested bystander I noted the comments about providing a current address, the possibility of a warrant of control, would a PO box address be useful in this case.

Last edited by Spirit200; 3rd September 2017, 13:38:PM. Reason: updating

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit200 View Post
          the possibility of a warrant of control, would a PO box address be useful in this case.
          The Warrant of Control already exists in the OP's former address.

Di

Comment

Having been told by the first person I was in touch with at court that I needed to go to J&P to get copies of the submitted claims documents and the copy of the judgement, only to subsequently be told the court could have sent me the latter, I'm wodering whether they should have also sent me the former as well so that I need not have gone to J&P?

Nevertheless, the first step I have to take in trying to get a set aside is to request J&P to agree to this. Do I need to do this formally in a letter and does this mean I would need to disclose mty address anyway? Is it possible to prepare to send a set aside application to the court without first requesting it from the Claimant (who will have no interest in having it set aside I would have thought)?

Comment

I've been a bit fixated with my PRA claim, but back to my Arrow claim, th original subject of this thread, what happens next?

When I go to MCOL the last status is still

Your defence was received on 01/08/2017 at 08:02:27
              I sent off the request for a copy of the agreement from Arrow with the £1 postal order on 7th August,and at the same time a copy to Shoosmiths. I've not received anything back.

When should I expect developments on this case?

Comment

duplicated post

Last edited by Sunday Morning; 4th September 2017, 23:33:PM. Reason: duplicated post...thought it hadn't registered then showed up twice!

Comment

Hi.. .sorry to bump but hoping I can get assistance on following as I seek to get my debts sorted to enable me to pass 'good repute checks.

1)CCJ in Jan 2017 lodged against old address of which I was unaware of til lately. It's on an old Virgin CC debt now with PRA. Do I have to formally approach PRA before attempting to set aside? Default was 14k.... judgement was 20k... there Is a warrant order out and on Noddle debt is now 25k!
                  Would PRA listen to an offer?

2, Case being defended for 7k on old Hsbc overdraft plus loan. What happens next? Defence submitted 1st August.

3... have an offer to settle a 7.5k debt on HSBC for 2.5k from 1st Credit. Am inclined to pay it. Any advice on what what I should look out for?

Thanks

Comment

get my debts sorted to enable me to pass 'good repute checks.

CCJ in Jan 2017 lodged against old address of which I was unaware of til lately. It's on an old Virgin CC debt now with PRA. Do I have to formally approach PRA before attempting to set aside? Default was 14k.... judgement was 20k... there Is a warrant order out and on Noddle debt is now 25k!
                    Would PRA listen to an offer?
                    Even if you made an acceptable offer to PRA the CCJ will still remain on your CRA file since more than a month has passed. The file entry would be marked part satisfied or satisfied if your offer was 100% of the debt/CCJ (i.e. £20k) .

They will know they can enforce the judgment (bailiffs, Attachment of Earnings unless self-employed or unemployed, any assets such as a private pension) unless you are successful with an Application for a set-aside.

Di

Comment

Thanks Diana.... To get the process of that set-aside in motion, do I have to first formally request PRA to agree to set aside the judgement (not that I believe they would agree to it)

Comment

Set Aside Application

Comment

I'm guessing that I have to first seek the consent of PRA to get the case set aside. In writing to them, and bearing in mind that have a warrant order on my old address, should I;-

1) Ask them to agree to set aside the judgement without offering up any reason of my own for requesting this?
                          2) Avoid giving them my current address (though they have it verbally on the phone when I asked the other week for documents to be sent to me....which I still do not have either by email or post)?
                          3) Send the letter by recorded delivery?

If there is no reply from them, what it the appropriate amount of time to wait before instigating the set aside request with the court?

If I did proceed to the court with the request, what would be my chances of being successful on the grounds that I had not had the opportunity to check that their authority to collect the debt from me was legal?

Comment

Thanks Diana.... To get the process of that set-aside in motion, do I have to first formally request PRA to agree to set aside the judgement (not that I believe they would agree to it)
                            PRA have instructed Judge & Priestley Solicitors in this matter haven't they?

Di

Comment

Diana, they instructed Judge and Priestly, that's right. To be more accurate I should said if was from J&P I'd requested the claims forms from. Do I address my request to J&P or to PRA?

Comment

Diana, they instructed Judge and Priestly, that's right. To be more accurate I should said if was from J&P I'd requested the claims forms from. Do I address my request to J&P or to PRA?
                                Sorry...anyone help with this? And should I just keep the letter short and sweet? IE just simply ask if they will agree to a set aside quoting their reference nos from the court judgement?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X