• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hoist/Howard Cohen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aye, Just that you've said in your application draft
    The Claimant states that the Agreement was entered into in 1996

and
    The claim makes no reference to the date the agreement was taken out or terminated
    Sorry was my clumsy way of pointing that out - where does the claimant states it was entered into in 1996? in a letter from Hoist, the Witness Statement ? etc

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

• Originally posted by ADDLED View Post

I meanrt that its impossible that these T&Cs were in effect at inception; Hoist claim cointract dates from 1996 but T&Cs mention a date of 2010. Ive never had an Egg card and never signed any agreements in 2010.
      Also if the original contract/agreement dates from 1996, as Hoist allude, why would i have signed another agreement 14 years later? It makes no sense... the only logical explanation is that the T&Cs theyre relying on werent in existence in 1996 when they claim the agreement was signed, ergo in breach of s78 CCA.
      indeed, and has you been served with the application for summary judgment you would surely had raised this point thus they wouldnt have got Judgment, so it has prejudiced you by the Claimants failings.

I normally write to the Claimant inviting them to consent to the judgment being set aside, and it normally does the trick as they dont like losing and hate costs orders being made against them, thus they may if you send them a consent order, agree.
      I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

• Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
        I normally write to the Claimant inviting them to consent to the judgment being set aside, and it normally does the trick as they dont like losing and hate costs orders being made against them, thus they may if you send them a consent order, agree.
        Ive been in email ctc so i will do that today. Should i attach a copy of my set aside request N244? pt2537

Comment

• Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          where does the claimant states it was entered into in 1996? in a letter from Hoist, the Witness Statement ? etc[/COLOR]
          its in their witness statement that they sent after the summary judgment.

Amethyst
          Last edited by ADDLED; 23rd January 2018, 13:06:PM.

Comment

• By the way, heres what i wrote on the form:

FOR THE SUMMARY JUDGMENT DATED 3 JAN 2018 MADE WITHOUT NOTICE TO THE DEFENDANT TO BE SET ASIDE AND THE APPLICATION DISMISSED BECAUSE THE DEFENDANT CONTENDS HE HAS A REAL PROSPECT OF SUCCESSFULLY DEFENDING THE CLAIM. Cont'd...

The Claimant failed to serve the application for summary judgment on the Defendant. The Defendant therefore was not on notice of the application nor was the Defendant given the chance to file evidence contrary to CPR 24.5 and as a result was prejudiced.
            The defendant did not receive a copy of the Claimant's Witness Statement.
            The copy of the Agreement and Terms & Conditions that the Claimant has provided as evidence contain details that call into question the validity of said documents, namely:
            1)Terms and Conditions mention a date of 2010
            2) Terms and Conditions make mention of Default Charges of £12. This charge was introduced in 2006.
            The Claimant states that the agreement was entered into in 1996, therefore it is impossible that these Terms and Conditions are a copy of the documents that were supplied art the outset, were in effect at that time, nor is it possible that they are a reconstituted version of the same. Therefore there has been a breach of s.78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

Amethyst pt2537

Comment

• Originally posted by ADDLED View Post
              By the way, heres what i wrote on the form:

FOR THE SUMMARY JUDGMENT DATED 3 JAN 2018 MADE WITHOUT NOTICE TO THE DEFENDANT TO BE SET ASIDE AND THE APPLICATION DISMISSED BECAUSE THE DEFENDANT CONTENDS HE HAS A REAL PROSPECT OF SUCCESSFULLY DEFENDING THE CLAIM. Cont'd...

Has this Application for a set aside of the Summary Judgment been listed for a Hearing yet or have Howard Cohen consented to it ?

Di
              Last edited by Diana M; 19th March 2018, 15:47:PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana M View Post

Has this Application for a set aside of the Summary Judgment been listed for a Hearing yet or have Howard Cohen consented to it ?

Di
                Hi all, theyve challenged my set aside application stating that the 2 different sets of T&Cs are copies of what was in place at the beginning and end of the contract so we have a phone hearing in a couple of weeks. Since there are 2 claims from Hoist, one small claims and one fast track, its prob best to start a thread for each (should have done earlier i guess).
                ADD

pt2537 Amethyst Diana M
                Last edited by ADDLED; 3rd April 2018, 22:28:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X