• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ Mortimer Clarke-Cabot-Capitol One too late to do anything?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ Mortimer Clarke-Cabot-Capitol One too late to do anything?

Hello everyone, please help me I'm so clueless about what to do now, I posted this in the wrong place initially, so sorry for that. My time to reply to them has run out but I didnt get their letter (below) until March 4th so it was late coming to me.

Just before Xmas I received a County Court Claim letter with MC as the claimant (working for Cabot) I foolishly didnt reply to this and so a few weeks later I got a CCJ from the court saying I must pay £504.63 (this is with fees added) at £50pm. I can't afford this. I thought this was statute barred and was going to reply to the court telling them that I disputed the claim. I searched Noddle but nothing on there, I searched my old bank statements and found a payment made in Oct 2010 so not statute barred. So I wrote back to MC and admitted the claim, I've now got a letter saying

'We refer to the above matter and your admission form dated 11/01/2016 and received on 15/02/2016.

Your admission form was received out of time and we were instructed to obtain a County Court Judgement for £504.63 payable by monthly instalments of £50.00

From the figures provided your total monthly income is xxxxx and your total monthly expenditure is xxxxx This means there is a monthly deficit of xxxxx and as a result our client feels your offer of £10pm is unaffordable.

Please provide confirmation of your ability to commit to your proposed offer. We can confirm that our client is not requesting for an increased offer of payment but for clarification on how you can afford your offer of payment due to your monthly deficit'

I'm not sure how to respond, just wish I'd come here first for advice.

I cant afford the £10pm either really but thought I should offer something, I'm a 64 yr old woman on a pension and pension credit, I have no assets except a little 10 yr old car my son bought for me as I live up a very steep hill and cant walk up it, I rely on my car to get out (long term back problem means I take Tramadol and Diazepam) I'm so worried they will take my little car to pay for the debt, please help

Thankyou

Messy
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X