• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** Lost ** Moriarty Law/MMF v lb1989

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally had a letter from the courts today with a provisional time slot for mediation - just less than 3 weeks from now. I’ll be keeping an eye out for a call from them to secure the appointment. Do I need anything prepped for that initial phone call, or is it only to confirm a date and time?

Comment

So looks like I missed the opportunity for mediation as they weren't able to contact me and by the time I opened their second letter it was the weekend and the time slot was on the Monday will that set me back at all?

Comment

Originally posted by lb1989 View Post
        So looks like I missed the opportunity for mediation as they weren't able to contact me and by the time I opened their second letter it was the weekend and the time slot was on the Monday will that set me back at all?
        No harm done.

They will probably push you all the way until they have to pay the hearing fee &/or submit a witness statement.

Just keep following the instructions of the court.

Comment

Not heard anything further since the notice it was transferred to the court of my choice - that was just over 2 weeks ago. I get the impression court dates can end up being months in the future from seeing other posts on here?

Comment

Usually between 2 and 6 weeks from allocation to get a hearing date and directions through and then, yes, possibly 2-6 months until the actual hearing depending on how busy your court is.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

So just had a letter today from Manchester CC - they’ve transferred it to another county court with no reason given? I specifically asked for Manchester as that’s where I work so makes it easier to take a half day/extended lunch etc. The court they’ve transferred to is technically closer to where I live but more difficult to get to, and that was the reason I put on the DQ as well. Nightmare!

Comment

Seems to be taking a long time, haven’t heard anything for 3 weeks re the re-assignment to another CC. And before that hadn’t heard anything since mid-June. Anyone else experienced this long a wait before?

Comment

Originally posted by lb1989 View Post
                  Seems to be taking a long time, haven’t heard anything for 3 weeks re the re-assignment to another CC. And before that hadn’t heard anything since mid-June. Anyone else experienced this long a wait before?
                  You wont get a change of venue unless you approach the claimant & get them to sign a form (unsure which form) & they send it back to you & you sign & send to the court.

The court will not change the venue because of a request by you.

Hang on in there & await instructions (or follow instructions by the court).

Has the claimant paid the hearing fee yet? If not when do they have to pay by?

Comment

I just wonder why it changed court in the first place, the only thing I can think is Manchester CC was too busy?

no idea if the hearing fee has been paid yet - not heard from them since the documents I requested last - that was May/June time!

Comment

Hearing fee date will be notified when a hearing date is set - which will be after the judge at the allocated court has looked at the file and issued directions ... time wise you're fine btw - probably another week or so before you get directions. The transfer has added a bit extra on.

I wonder if if it's been transferred there because there's lots of other claims the same and the judge there has asked that he deal with them ... probably wishful thinking
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        Hearing fee date will be notified when a hearing date is set - which will be after the judge at the allocated court has looked at the file and issued directions ... time wise you're fine btw - probably another week or so before you get directions. The transfer has added a bit extra on.

I wonder if if it's been transferred there because there's lots of other claims the same and the judge there has asked that he deal with them ... probably wishful thinking
                        The court changed the venue on me a couple of months back. Funnily enough it was a claim by Moriarty Law via MMF (Lantern) for a QQuid debt. The court would not change the venue without a fee being paid or written agreement of Moriarty on a particular form.

Ended up I guess Moriarty didnt want the same court either as they didnt pay the hearing fee after me putting pressure on them about the FOS initial decision & then they sent a discontinuance & a letter saying they have now written off the debt. Unfortunately they were late & a strike was ordered. lol

So I have a strike & a debt written off.

Comment

So I finally got the letter from the court today with the timetable listing the witness statement date, hearing fee date for the claimant and hearing date itself. The first page also offers mediation again (I missed out on the previous window as they didn’t have my mobile number) should I respond to that to say yes?

not sure if this is the norm, but the letter says my claim has been block listed with several other claims and multiple judges - is that of any significance?

further to that - what do I need to start preparing now? Witness statement and supporting docs are due in just over 2 weeks.

Comment

I’ve just realised that the court date set in October, I have a work meeting and have already booked train tickets what are the chances of the date being changed? The listed time is early enough that if it went ahead straight away, I would still make the train, but there’s a good chance it will run into the afternoon from the wording in the letter

Comment

If wait and see if the hearing fee is paid firstly. Moriarty don't seem, so far, to attend many hearings but I would still prepare as if they will.

Are you listed for the 10am block ? If so you should be over and done with before 2 even if you're at the bottom of the list.

Make sure your witness statement tells tells the judge everything he might need to make a decision - and then if you decide you can't make the hearing - you can inform court at least seven days before ( which will be after hearing fee and exchange of witness statements ) and invite the judge to hear your side on the papers.

If after witness statement exchange there are further points /evidence needs providing and you won't be attending you can file a supplementary WS with your notice of non attendance. A way to go yet - but always good to get started on the WS early and amend if any further documents appear before the deadline.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                                If wait and see if the hearing fee is paid firstly. Moriarty don't seem, so far, to attend many hearings but I would still prepare as if they will.

Are you listed for the 10am block ? If so you should be over and done with before 2 even if you're at the bottom of the list.

Make sure your witness statement tells tells the judge everything he might need to make a decision - and then if you decide you can't make the hearing - you can inform court at least seven days before ( which will be after hearing fee and exchange of witness statements ) and invite the judge to hear your side on the papers.

If after witness statement exchange there are further points /evidence needs providing and you won't be attending you can file a supplementary WS with your notice of non attendance. A way to go yet - but always good to get started on the WS early and amend if any further documents appear before the deadline.
                                Yes 10am block - thanks for the heads up. That's not too bad, I don't mind paying £10 to change my train ticket to later in the afternoon!

I'll make a start on the witness statement and will post in here for some advice! Does each letter/document get a different reference? Seems to be Exhibit A, B, C etc.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X