• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MarcusTaylor vs Asset Collections & Investigation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MarcusTaylor vs Asset Collections & Investigation

Received a claim? Yes/No: YES
    Issue Date: 14th June 2018
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: Yes June 19th 2018
    Total Amount Claimed: £5000 approx
    Claimant’s Name: Asset Collections & Investigation
    Solicitors Firm: None specified on claim
    Original Creditor: AvantCredit of UK, LLC
    Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) : Loan

Particulars of Claim:
    The claimant claims this amount in respect of an unpaid loan, regulated by The Consumer Credit Act 1974. The loan was funded by AvantCredit of UK, LLC. The defendant has failed to make payments in accordance with the terms of the credit agreement.

The credit agreement was assigned to the claimant, upon which a notice of assignment was sent to the defendant. The defendant has either failed to respond to the claimant or has failed to maintain regular payments. The claimant issued a letter of claim, providing the defendant with a further opportunity to arrange repayment of the outstanding balance, to no avail.

The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the county courts act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 06/07/2017 to 13/06/2018 on £4642.63 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment at a daily rate of £1.04

Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): No

List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ) – SAR CCA CPR sent

Any Other Information or Background Details: I have had zero contact with Asset Collections & Investigation or any other 3rd party but I have had a loan with AvantCredit in the past 6 years. This is the first Ive heard of ACI. I’m actually moving house on the 29th June so I’m a bit worried about losing information “in the post” – so I have included my new address on the SAR CCA CPR letters.
    Tags: None

Just a quick question, I have followed the guide on what to do when a claim is received but I haven't sent any money out with my documents Ive sent, due to GDPR rules that came into effect? Is this OK?

Comment

Originally posted by MarcusTaylor View Post
      Just a quick question, I have followed the guide on what to do when a claim is received but I haven't sent any money out with my documents Ive sent, due to GDPR rules that came into effect? Is this OK?
      Hopefully so?! Thanks in advance!

Comment

The CCA request still requires a £1 - it's only the SAR that has changed from £10 to £0 due to GDPR.

Reading rest now xxx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Okay it sounds like you are on top of things, when you move make sure you set up forwarding on your mail and when you file your defence inform the court of your new address.

If you haven't already then send a further SAR direct to AvantCredit.

Do you recall how much you originally borrowed and onon what terms ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thanks, will get the redirect in place. I actually don't recall, hence asking for the information as to what has actually happened. Is there something specific that I'm looking for in the terms? I will get the CCA resent just to cover that £1 charge off.

Comment

I haven't heard anything back from Asset yet. I know I need to do my defence but just wanted to check when I need to submit it by - is it 28 days from the point I acknowledge service?

Comment

Good job you checked .... it's 28 from service - 33 from issue date ( 5 days for posting ) so v soon
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi, so now I have been sent a directions questionnaire. Im thinking about the mediation and just making a small offer to just continue the process regardless if they accept. Is this worth doing or is there a better way to proceed

Comment

Entirely up to you, you can say yes to mediation in the directions questionnaire and then when the court ask if you have documents and information to mediate say no. Have they provided any documents at all as yet ?
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X