• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Retail Loss Prevention... Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retail Loss Prevention... Again

Hello everyone, I was wondering if someone could give me some advice about these here letters I've been getting from RLP. I've read quite a few things about this subject (including C.A.B.s Uncivil Recovery) but I'm still unsure what to do. I've had two letters now. can somebody help me pleeeeeeeeeeese?
    Why me?
    Tags: None

Re: Retail Loss Prevention... Again

can you post up the letters?

Comment

Sadly no...No scanner....indeed no printer either
      Why me?

Comment

There are several things I can tell you though..........
        Incident took place 8-2-2011
        First letter dated 11-2-2011
        Second dated 8-3-2011

RLP want payment "Without Prejudice Save as to Costs" of £87.50
        Was accused of "ticket switching".
        TKMaxx kept goods and refunded my money.
        Police weren't called.
        Only thing I signed (I think) was paper banning me from their stores for life...as if I'd give them any more of my custom! :tung:
        Why me?

Comment

Originally posted by Why me? View Post
          Hello everyone, I was wondering if someone could give me some advice about these here letters I've been getting from RLP. I've read quite a few things about this subject (including C.A.B.s Uncivil Recovery) but I'm still unsure what to do. I've had two letters now. can somebody help me pleeeeeeeeeeese?
          What should you do if you are contacted by a civil recovery firm ? - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Post one and that is what you can do with the letters.
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I'm sorry leclerc, i don't quite understand your answer. Am I being stupid?:der: Maybe I just need my breakfast...
            Why me?

Comment

You've been contact by RLP.
              Read this post and that tells you what you should do.

Legal Beagles Consumer Forum - View Single Post - What should you do if you are contacted by a civil recovery firm ?
              "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
              (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

To everyone looking.

You all owe me £100.

This is because you may have done something which I might not like very much.

This is legally enforcible because.....um...er....I'll think of something later.

What is important is that you send me some money now, or I'll do something.

Maybe.

Thank you for your custom.

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks leclerc, I've actually had a look at this already, but suppose I just needed another shove in that direction! :boink:
                  And thank you too charitynjw, for making me laugh out loud....:lol:
                  Why me?

Comment

Righty is dealing with these type of claims by RLP and he could give you the help that you need. I will PM him and give him a link to this thread.

Comment

Thanks Tuttsi. Have to go out now to post (another) letter of complaint about something entirely different. Sounds as if I'm always moaning, but nothing could be further from the point. Ho hum....:grin: Will log in again later.
                      Last edited by Why me?; 15th March 2011, 14:15:PM. Reason: update
                      Why me?

Comment

I have PM'd Righty but he has not yet responded. I have not seen him recently so he could be away. But I am sure as soon as he picks up the PM he will respond to you.

Comment

Thanks again Tuttsi... there's no desperate hurry! I'm pretty determined that RLP won't wangle even a bent penny out of me. Just not totally sure of the best way to go about it although the post that leclerc mentioned seems to make a lot of sense... :nod::nod::nod:
                          Why me?

Comment

Hello again everyone..... Have just received third letter from RLP, saying - amongst other things - that as I have not responded... (presumably to their demands for money) ... "Regrettably, we must therefore advise our client it is now in a position to issue proceedings against you."
                            Is it time to send them a letter do you think? If so do I now ask for a full Subject Access Request, as outlined at 'b)' in Amethyst's Post, or do I write the type of letter indicated at "c)"? Also, is it time to contact C.A.B. about this...or do I just hope for the best?
                            Why me?

Comment

I am very surprised that Righty has not responded unless he is on holiday or not well.

I will give him another nudge.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X