• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

fine from primark age 16

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fine from primark age 16

I was with my friends and they were all taking things and putting them in their bags they told me to do it as well and so i did while standing at the back of the shop security asked to see our bags but two of my friends got away so it was only me and another girl that i don't really talk to. They took us to the back room. No police were called but they did take our house address, school name, parents number and photo. Rather than giving my mums number i gave one of my friends number and the pretended to my mum all the had to do was confirm my address and i was free to go but they did tell us that we would be getting a joint fine coming to my house not hers. My mum doesn't know about it and i'm so scared. Telling my mum is not an option so if anyone can tell me what will happen it will be very much appreciated.
    Last edited by moonlightbae; 10th June 2018, 17:00:PM.
    Tags: None

This was probably RLP threatening things they shouldn't oughta. As a private company they cannot issue fines or penalties, that's the pregroative of the courts, and there is no chance of that happening. You will probably be getting letters with lots of red ink and threatening dire consequences if you don't pay or respond. Just ignore, as everyone else is advised to do. There is absolutely nothing they can do about it.

But don't do it again !!!!

Comment

Do you know how long i would have to wait for the letter? and if i ignore will i get in trouble with the law.

Comment

RLP have nothing at all to do with the law. In fact they could have possibly broken the law themselves by not having an appropriate adult present before interviewing you (I presume you are 16).

The letter could be several weeks away, there is nothing illegal about ignoring them, RLP are not the law and do not have any authority in law.

The law (the police) were not involved and now it is far to late to do this, in fact it could be troublesome to RLP if they did.

Comment

The letter came today and i was wondering if I emailed them could I possibly change the address they are sending the letters to?

Comment

do not interact with these fraudsters, sit on your hands, they will give up if they did not they would be in trouble, pity some countries they would not exist by now oppppsssss must not say that ! shows how soft this country MPs etc are - urghhhhhhhhh all for money,

Comment

If I pay will it all go away? I don't want them to contact Primark again to take me to court but at the same time if I don't have to pay why should I

Comment

DO NOT WRITE TO THEM
                DO NOT PAY THEM

They will not advise Primark to take you to court.
                The last time they did that was several years ago, and they lost heavily!!

RLP are owed nothing, and you cost Primark nothing.
                Their claim is just a begging letter dressed up in legalese intended to intimidate you.

If you write to them, it only encourages them to write more letters to you

IGNORE THEIR LETTERS

Comment

IGNORE their thieving letters

Comment

I heard something about them sending the 'fine' on to another company when this happens will that stay with me forever?

Comment

look it is rubbish get on with your life

stop heard this that the other

Comment

Originally posted by moonlightbae View Post
                        I heard something about them sending the 'fine' on to another company when this happens will that stay with me forever?
                        All they might do is pass it to a debt collector (who might well be part of their group)
                        The debt collector has no authority or power at all.
                        Just ignore them

Comment

Ignore everything from them. In the extremely unlikely event you ever receive a court claim then post back on here - otherwise completely ignore them. They have no standing and cannot affect your life at all.
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

They sent me a second letter saying that the next letter will be written to my parent as I have not responded. Should I continue to ignore the letters?
                            Last edited by moonlightbae; 17th July 2018, 11:50:AM.

Comment

They really wrote that you could be sent to juvenile? Is there any chance that you could post up that letter, taking off your name and address first.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X