• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

loan company wentworth rip off!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loan company wentworth rip off!

Hello everyone i have not been on this site for ages and i hope it is as helpful and friendly as usual!

I cannot believe that after everything i have gone through over the years with bank charges and car issues that i have had money stolen from me by Wentworth finance this all happened months ago.

I have been trying to get the money they took from my account back for more than six months i have phoned them they keep you waiting on the phone for hours then i was told they need it in writing that i want a refund i have done this and still no refund.

The reason i have left it so long it i have been very busy with doing an ou degree but everytime i think about it i want to spit! has anyone else fallen foul of this disgrace of a company i did find a website where lots of people were complaining about the same thing the so called loan company obtaining bank details by deception then taking an unathourised payment. My bank have been very unhelpful also! Not a happy bunny can anyone shed some light
    as always any information would be brilliant! and i need the money back more than ever as a skint student.

i dont think they are a loan company as such but are brokers so i am editing this!

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigat...an-outfit.html
    Last edited by jules2008; 16th November 2011, 21:01:PM. Reason: more info
    Tags: None

Re: loan company wentworth rip off!

Hi Jules,

Did they also charge an upfront fee promising you'd been approved?

An obvious first step is to open a different account to pay your money into so that you regain control of it.

I guess the next step is either a complaint to the FOS or the small claims court.

Comment

thanx labman i think i will make a complaint to the FOS as small claims court does not do much as in even if i win it does not enforce Wentworth to pay me. Do you know of an address to send my compliant letter too or a phone number?

the money they took from my account was a broker fee about £60 which i had not agreed to the only reason they obtained my bank details was by deception saying it was for security purposes to check my identity i would not have agreed to the fee. I could not believe that the money had come out of my account and my bank were not prepared to investigate or refund me as they seemed to believe it was all above board it is if you actually have the loan and have agreed to it both of which were not agreed to by myself i have never been accepted for a loan from them or received any money from them.
      when you do try to contact them by telephone they keep you in a queue for hours literally hours hoping i presume that you will give up then when you finally get through they say write in.

I am posting this to warn others not to give bank details over the phone to check identification for Wentworth finance! They are crooks!

lots of others have fallen foul too some have their money back others are still trying! as in the link i posted on first message!
      Last edited by jules2008; 17th November 2011, 11:53:AM. Reason: more ifo

Comment

i have just contacted FOS they are aware of this company and they are being investigated by office of fair trading currently. They are sending a letter to them today on my behalf so hopefully will be £60 better off for xmas will let you know of outcome.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X