• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Landowner Failing To Maintain Trees/Right To Light?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lighting consultant, LOL (Lights Out Loud), do they even exist? I am good friends with a qualified building surveyor, might that be adequate?
    If it went to court and the landowner lost, am I correct to assume he would be liable not only for the costs of fees paid, but our time attending, and the lighting consultants report as well?

I cannot establish the cost of the injunction as I don't see anything listed on the gov site that seems relevant. Please help.

Thanks

Comment

Using the courts should be a last resort to resolve a dispute as the courts expect you to give your opponent a chance to resolve issues. A detailed letter of claim will be needed, setting out what has happened, the law involved, and the remedy that is needed to prevent court action.

The fee for submitting the N16A with a statement of claim is £255 (I think.if it hasn't gone up again!) However if your friend qualifies he can apply for a fee remission if he claims Income Support, State Pension, Jobseeker's Allowance etc. or if the cost of the claim puts an undue strain on his finances. (Fee Remission form EX160)

If your friend has Legal Expenses Insurance with his household policy he might be able to use that route to obtain legal help.

Lighting consultant...google it!

Re costs:the general rule is that the loser pays the winner’s costs, but the court has flexibility.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X