• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gardening Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You would be doing me a favour actually, I think the local foxes and rats ate most of the pears etc last year....

x
    Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
    For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
    And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthie View Post
      I think the local foxes and rats ate most of the pears etc last year....
      Thatchers do a Pear Cider as well, called perry! So you could do your own Pear Cider!
      Nat West 1 £9k settled AQ stage.
      Nat West 2 £126 settled LBA
      HSBC practice run £1330.00 settled on the Court doorstep....almost.

Comment

Darn storm has trashed my tomato plants... does anyone have tomato plant plasters?

My potatoe plants have also been flattened
        When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

Thicko alert

Ok guys.. I am the thickest gardener ever, so I thought I'd get some suggestions.

1. Easy things to plant that look good but don't die when i forget to water them, water them too much, and generally neglect them

My garden is mainly sunny, but does have a shady patch that gets almost no sun, and I'd like to put some plants in both places if possible.

2. What's this? Is it a lilly? (it's an attachment so hopefully everyone can view it?)

Thanks for the help guys.

Matt

ADD: mocha, my condolences on your plants
          Last edited by Paradox; 30th November 2007, 09:04:AM.

Comment

A few of my sunflowers have come out!!
            I looked out this morning and there they were.
            What a lovely sight,

Sally x
            P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
            life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
            Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Comment

Mocha, sorry about your plants ...
              Matt, there's no attachment ...

Sally xxx

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Comment

Originally posted by littlesally View Post
                Matt, there's no attachment ...

Sally xxx
                How about now:

Comment

Maybe it wasn't uploading before, who knows what goes on with computers!!!

LOL

No idea what they are but they are very pretty,

Sally x

Comment

They're beautiful, I've got some bright yellow ones coming out too!

I'd like to move them as well,because they're in my front garden and I'd rather them in the back where I can see them, but not if it's going to kill them.

matt

Comment

They are lillies matt, I have some in pots, they come out every year and I don't put them inside over winter. I Don't know about moving them though sorry.

Comment

If you move them Matt dig a big square around them so as not to disturb the roots... and water them well... personally i would wait til the autumn
                        Pearls of Wisdom.

Be true to yourself and be strong.
                        Be happy with whatever life has dealt you.
                        You can never have too many friends... or too many shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post

1. Easy things to plant that look good but don't die when i forget to water them, water them too much, and generally neglect them

My garden is mainly sunny, but does have a shady patch that gets almost no sun, and I'd like to put some plants in both places if possible.

Lavendar is always a good plant. Loves the sun, looks good and smells nice... 3 for a tenner at B&Q.... get the 'butterfly' variety as they don't get too leggy...

Shady spots are always complemented by Bluebells. They love the shade and again look very nice...

MAD
                          Pearls of Wisdom.

Be true to yourself and be strong.
                          Be happy with whatever life has dealt you.
                          You can never have too many friends... or too many shoes.

Comment

We have got a Passion Flower Plant which only ever produced 6 flowers at a time, Last night we counted 32 it looks amazing

RLJ

Comment

Hi Matt

they are Asiatic Lillies (lilium)

and grow from bulb

link for you
                              Detailed information on Asiatic Lily Lilium

hugs xxxx
                              Scarlet

link dont work but i gave it to you on msn so no probs
                              Last edited by scarletrose; 20th June 2007, 16:00:PM. Reason: link

Comment

P.S.

Matt

Hostas love the shade as do some hardy geraniums

hugs xxx again scarlet

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X