• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help please, got a claim form and having a panic!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please, got a claim form and having a panic!!!!!

Hi, I'm new here but have done lots of reading and got very confused and stressed about the situation, I've decided just to send the form off and offer a small payment, so my questions are

how do I fill in the sheet on expenses so it doesn't seem like I'm being greedy? I live with my husband and two children (under 12 years) and do not work, the mortgage is in my husbands name, I have child benefit of £137 per month paid to me and £100 tax credits to me and my husband.

i pay out for

cataloge £27 per month
    over paid tax credits £14 per month
    food , house keeping and school meals £240 per month
    childrens clothing £20 per month
    travel expenses £80

so I'm already well over what I actually get, meaning my husband has to pay out of other money, is it a good idea to go well over or not? (Not that I can do it any cheaper)

i do have a few other debts unpaid and worried putting them on the form will bring these to the surface??

I have a joint joint bank account that is overdrawn by 4K, do I also put this or just my single account that has no money in it.

sorry for all questions and many thanks to anyone who replies, I will be so grateful for any help.

last thing, it's Lowell solicitors for a shop direct account (I'm actually gutted as it was an isme account that kept saying I had paid outstanding amount when it went over to very catalogue but I cannot find the copy I had of it)
    Tags: None

Re: Help please, got a claim form and having a panic!!!!!

It really isn't worth getting yourself in a tizwaz over xxx

Let's go back to the beginning -

Do you have a County Court claim from Lowell ?
    What is the issue date on the claim ?
    When did you last make a payment/talk to Isme/Very/Shop Direct about the debt ?
    How much is the claim for ?

Let's make them do a little bit of work before you throw in the towel xxx We're all here for you and if you have a court claim you do have a month to make a final decision whether to make an offer - answer those couple questions above and we can go from there xxx

And stop stressing !!!

Oh and re this
    (I'm actually gutted as it was an isme account that kept saying I had paid outstanding amount when it went over to very catalogue but I cannot find the copy I had of it)
    We can ask Very/Isme for copies of this kind of stuff xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you so much, I've been out today and it keeps popping into my head, I feel so guilty.

Yes i I have a county court claim from Lowell
      claim issued 22 Aug 2016
      i think its been 2 years since I last had contact with isme
      claim for £1558.29

thankyou again

Comment

Don't feel guilty, they really have no feelings towards you whatsoever, you are a name and value on a long lonnnnnnnnggggggggggg list of paper they've bought for 10p in the £1, so don't give them a thought.

Okay so 2 years the debt won't be statute barred.

Do you recall when about's you started shopping with Isme ?

You do need to acknowledge the claim - regardless of whether you decide to defend it or settle it - have a look here http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...it-Court-Claim and look at the info on acknowledging the claim - it simply serves to give you 33 days from the 22nd August ( soooo till 22nd Sept ish ) to get ducks in a row and make a decision.

If it comes to it, then I'd also say negotiating with Lowell would be better and preferable to filling in the admission form - as admission/offer means you get a CCJ - and there's ways around that with a bit of negotiating ( although by the sounds of it you're not that fussed about the old credit file - but it would be there for 6 years as a CCJ and that does hurt a bit )

Once that's done we can get a couple letters together and off to Lowell to see whether they have the right info or not, and have a look at this Isme/Very transfer issue.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Ok I feel a bit better now ��

I really cannot not remember when I started shopping with isme but I think maybe 4 years ago.

i did go online to acknowledge the claim but got to the part where it said I dispute the claim and thought that's not what I want to do so logged out. It was more panic lol

how do I deal with Lowell direct? Will they accept something silly like £3 per month as I really don't even have that.

im not that bothered about ccj as I never want credit again ☹️

Comment

Yep you want to say you dispute the claim in full - it is simply a holding thing - it isn't binding so you can go on to admit later if you wanted to xxx

Let's get some letters to Lowell tmw before worrying about discussing repayment with them, okay
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Ok I will go on and do that in the morning.

thanks again xx feeling better about this now xx

Comment

I've got my cca request ready to send today, do I put a postal order with it?
                also do I send a cpr too as its all Lowell solicitors.

1 other thing, I've tried to acknowledge the claim but yesterday forgot my log in details, think I've got them now but the site is down until 5pm today, so I just go on and defend all when its back uk? Silly question I know but want it all done properly

Comment

For now just go on and acknowledge the claim with intend to defend in full.

Yes send a postal order with your CCA request.

And yes send the CPR request too - to Lowell Solicitors ( different desks, same company but best to address it to the solicitors )

Well done for getting those letters sorted
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

& don't forget to get proof of postage (either a free certificate, or better yet, SignedFor post)
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Ok great thanks

Comment

Sorry to sound stupid but on the cpr, what do I have to put in the green part where is says agreement , default etc

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and the date for file defence

Comment

Still can't work out what I put on the CPR form, can anyone help please

Comment

Could you post up the Particulars of Claim from the court claim form (or type them verbatim)?
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                            gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I've added a picture of it, thanks.

oh, it's up the wrong way! Sorry I'm new to this
                              Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X