• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

A long time ago....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A long time ago....

Hi people. I'm new to this so forgive me for going over old ground.

I got into trouble in 2009/2010 which resulted in me running up debts and losing my house. Happily now, all is a lot better and I thought everything had been sorted.

I started receiving letters from Robinson Way about 18 months ago in relation to a credit card debt with the AA. The amount was around £3,500.

I have (foolishly) been ignoring these letters as my job dictates I move every 1-2 years and thought it wouldn't catch up with me. The letters never bothered me. However, I've now been sent something from Howard and Cohen solicitors threatening court action and a CCJ. I've worked hard to get back on the right track and this has come from no where. I had other debts which I have sorted and I thought this had been too. I really don't want to get a CCJ.

Im pretty sure the debt should be statue barred but how do I check? Do I make contact with them? I really want to avoid getting a CCJ.

Many thanks in advance

tall84
    Tags: None

Re: A long time ago....

Hi Tall84
    I'm sure Nem and others will be along shortly to help with this.

for whats its worth in your shoes i would send a prove it letter asking for a copy of the CCA. you will find templates on here. This will cost you £1.

whilst the CCA request is outstanding RW/sols cannot enforce any court action and should infact put the case on hold until the can get hold of the doc's -they may not be able to, and even if they do, any agreement they supply you with may be unenforceable anyway due to faults with it, or they may send a recon. Nem and others with more experience will explain.

have you checked your credit file? has this debt dropped off?

If not sure on dates, you may want to send a SARs to original creditor (AA?) this will cost £10 but is well worth having, you may discover misselling of PPI, penalty charges etc as well as getting confirmation of default date and date of last payment made, which can be used to challenge RW's claim if SB, or if not use any evidence of penalty charges/PPI to counterclaim.

Nem gives excellent advice and does some absolutely fantastic letters should things get that far. You are in good hands here.

whilst waiting for Nem have a read of some of the other threads similar to yours, it may help you feel more reassured that not all is yet lost

BM

Comment

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I'll get on to it

Comment

So.....

i recieved a ccj ccj issue of notice today. It's dated 3/6/2016.

is it too late to send a prove it letter or cca request? Can I use these as my defence? Also, in the particulars of the claim they have added interest from the date of 3/6/10. It's exactly 6 years ago from the date of issue for the ccj. Does that make it sb?

thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X