• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI or not

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI or not

hi all,
    not sure if this post is in the correct place ,
    my partner has just cancelled a "one bill account payment protection plan application form" that’s what it says on the contract we ask them to send a copy of.
    my partner pays money way (one bill) secure trust bank ))))) a lump sum every month and they pay all the bills car utility and mortgage etc.
    the policy she never had any idea about was 175 per month to cover wages or bills not quite sure.
    As soon as she found out she stopped it and asked for a copy of the contract and statements of payments for this policy she went on to say I think you have miss sold this to me as I do not remember this and would of never paid 175 per month for 8 years I will make a complaint.
    when she first used money way a rep came around and lots of forms got signed you know what I mean . in the first instance she denies all knowledge of this contract.

it was filled out and signed by my partner. 2006 Aug 2014 sept..

I called FSA they said its bill protection insurance BPI lol dose not fall under the same umbrella as ppi comp but can still claim on the same grounds with same time frames etc.
    after calling money way sept 11 they agreed to investigate and send copy’s ..we are still waiting on first 3 years statements of payments made as insurance company changed 5 years ago and they can not locate them. my partner was not notified and never seen anything on the monthly statement or annual re: ppi bpi insurance policy she was paying for.

to back up this argument she never had a clue what she was signing it must of been slipped in.

1.there was never any mention of how much and when to pay from rep. (payments have gone up and down over 8 years ..130s..175s..
    2. xs marked the places were to sign and fill out the form. not sure if this is good practice
    3. after my partner signed it someone else signed it 7 days later and circled products required e.g. a b c. blatant diff hand writing
    4. cover was for a Max 300 per week her bills are 1400 1500 per month
    5. it states on the contract you can not claim if you haven’t been in full time employment for 12 months min.. it asked how long have you been in full time employment on the form she answered " - " as she was part time.
    she would of never been able to claim on point 5 . taking money for 1 year with out being able to claim is mis sold . I am aware policy’s can take 100 days before you can claim on them not 360 .
    6. not long after the policy started she was self employed with three children
    7. no cooling off time was stated
    8. was never advised to shop around for a better quote as no amount was ever discussed.
    9. no ppi ever showed up on monthly statements
    10. letter recived from money way says “”we are now looking into your “PPI” complaint””

has anyone ever come across this mis sold BPI any one ever had any dealings with secure trust bank was on there web site and they boast they have the least ppi claims and can do a 4 week turn around blarr blarr blar
    thanks for any input
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X