• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

More Than Credit cards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Than Credit cards

Hi all,

I have placed another thread under 'Banks' entitled 'TSB Bank, as was' which is somewhat related to this other problem. In so much as, if I had not had the problem with the TSB then 'More Than' would not have charged me the rate that they did charge.

OK, so you need to read the other thread to fully understand, but, I applied for and was given a credit card by 'MORE THAN' way back in the latter half of 1990s.

I never had a single problem, always paid any amounts outstanding every month like a good boy.

I think that I had the card for a couple of years before I noticed on one of the statements that I was being charged some horrendous surcharge or something, I can't exactly remember.

I rang them straight away and was told that it was because I was such a high risk customer. I asked why this was as I had always paid up, every month the full amount outstanding, that I had no adverse credit history, etc, etc.

They said it was to do with the report from the TSB when I took the card out.

I know, or think, that More Than have now stopped their credit card business, but is there any way that I can go over the charges that they applied unfairly, I sent them copies of the correspondence from the TSB admitting that they were at fault not me and offering compensation to me (which I never ever received..!!!), but More Than would not budge.

So I closed the account.

I am now retired and have got a bit more time on my hands to sit and ponder about the way I was treated by various large institutions over the years and if there is any way of having a go at some of them it will give me something to get my teeth into.

Thanks for reading this.

Regards
    Gerry
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X