• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

The jist of it is that the FSA and the Guidance by the FOS are flawed legally since the standards they are using were not in force at the time the policies was being completed. They want the new regs got rid of and the standards that are used to be the same based on those rules set out at the time of the sale rather than a retrospective one.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
      The jist of it is that the FSA and the Guidance by the FOS are flawed legally since the standards they are using were not in force at the time the policies was being completed. They want the new regs got rid of and the standards that are used to be the same based on those rules set out at the time of the sale rather than a retrospective one.
      I got it now - thank you.

Comment

Rather than the retrospective one...

After having read the 81 page Claim Form, I am left feeeling dismayed and digusted with the Banks and The British Bankers association!

Comment

I am having difficulty finding any grounds for a 'hold'. Could someone please point me in the right direction.

Comment

That's true but their argument could be a double edged sword in that if its found the regs are not retrospective but at the same time they conned/misled consumers they will be stuffed anyway

They are playing a very dangerous game

Comment

Originally posted by righty View Post
              That's true but their argument could be a double edged sword in that if its found the regs are not retrospective but at the same time they conned/misled consumers they will be stuffed anyway

They are playing a very dangerous game
              Agree, Righty!

One could quote examples, however, best not to provide same...let them just dig a far deeper hole.

The interests of the "General Consumer" are a stake here. Thus, all eyes and ears focus on the FSA.

Comment

A good summary.

As I understand it the FSA will be arguing that the 'new' guidance is not in fact 'new' and merely a more refined interpretation of the Treating Customers Fairly priniples which were already in place. The BBA claim will make more sense once the FSA's response becomes available.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                  A good summary.

As I understand it the FSA will be arguing that the 'new' guidance is not in fact 'new' and merely a more refined interpretation of the Treating Customers Fairly priniples which were already in place. The BBA claim will make more sense once the FSA's response becomes available.
                  It would be interesting to see their letter back to the BBA prior to the claim being made as it is referred to in the BBA papers.
                  "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                  (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by NLP View Post
                    For Debt Star - some education!..........The court hasn't decided whether it is fair that the 12 million who face many charges are subsidising the (on average) much wealthier 42 million other banking customers.
                    Some education?

This is one of worst articles I've read on bank charges.

If, according to the OFT PCA Market Study, only 31% of revenue from personal current accounts is derived from unathorised overdraft charges and 50% is derived from net interest income - foregone interest - it is the ''much wealthier'' customers (those with high credit balances) who account for the lion's share of the banks' current account income. Not the other way round.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to this forum, but have been following this thread since the whole JR thing kicked off in October - you've been a goldmine of info. However, I am baffled about how you managed to get a PDF copy of the JR files on Friday. About 3 hours before you posted the PDF I called the BBA, the Administrative Court and the FSA and they all told me that it was unavailable at this time, which begs the question how did you get hold of a copy?! However you did it, well done!

Cheers,

CT

Comment

I don't know how Avatar got it but JR applications are available from the Administrative Court office at RCJ at a cost of £45.

Comment

I must have called a couple of hours too early then!

Comment

I think some CMCs had access to the application from around 9am on Friday.

Hopefully they'll also get the Acknowledgment of Service from FSA & FOS (which will include grounds for contesting the claim http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/c...2_web_0109.pdf) but we've ordered them directly from the court to be sure we get them.

Comment

those pesky CMCs have some worth then lol

Comment

Can you request something from the Court before it's published then?

CT

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X