• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Originally posted by NLP View Post
    One does enjoy himself!
    yeah, thats we heard

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
      yeah, thats we heard
      Shabby, in all fairness.

To be wholly expected.

Alone: In bad company

Comment

Originally posted by NLP View Post
        Critical? LOL
        My mistake then.

I really must look up the words 'rogue', 'duff' and 'culprit' in a dictionary sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
          My mistake then.

I really must look up the words 'rogue', 'duff' and 'culprit' in a dictionary sometime.
          or better still "bored" "lonely" "angry"

Comment

Soooooooooooooooo, what's happening in the world of PPI then ?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              Well it seems that due to the Judicial Review the Ombudsman is expecting a ''spike'' in PPI complaints Ombudsman prepares for PPI spike - Yahoo! Finance

Comment

Yes, news to Wlaes travels very slowly.
                I was called only the other day by someone who gave the name of the firm he worked for and said in a lovely Welsh accent "We can help you reclaim any PPI you may have, do you know what I mean by PPI?
                I said " Indeed I do know what you mean and I don't have, nor will ever have any". :beagle:

Comment

I finally got a response from Barclays after a month, lol!

"'Have Barclays put all alleged claims of PPI misselling on hold pending the outcome of the judicial review recently announced?'
                  In response, I can confirm that Barclays will be reviewing all new PPI complaints. If they are impacted by the issues covered by the judicial review and therefore cannot be resolved at this point, we will write to our customers to inform them. Complaints on matters not affected by the judicial review will be assessed as normal."
                  "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                  (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Amethyst strikes me as being too polite to come out and say it, given her diplomatic "So, what's going on in PPI then", but could I observe as someone who reads a lot of forums across lots of sectors...

inane discussion that goes way off-topic is not entirely 'harmless'. You might argue it's only words on a website, but if the purpose of a forum is to encourage info sharing and intelligent debate on a specific topic, then if a casual browser sees page after page of "you said this, I said that", they're less likely to stumble across the posts worth reading, and that's potentially a valuable contributor lost, as they go searching for a more useful forum.

All of which is disrespectful, and that's me being polite, to the people that create and maintain these forums free of charge.

Nothing wrong with starting a separate thread on "CMC's, good or bad". Or "Do I have too much time on my hands?"

Off my soapbox.

Comment

Thanks Avatar. I think there is a discussion thread already in the cmc/DMP forums Debt Management and Claims Management Companies - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum .
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                        I finally got a response from Barclays after a month, lol!

"'Have Barclays put all alleged claims of PPI misselling on hold pending the outcome of the judicial review recently announced?'
                        In response, I can confirm that Barclays will be reviewing all new PPI complaints. If they are impacted by the issues covered by the judicial review and therefore cannot be resolved at this point, we will write to our customers to inform them. Complaints on matters not affected by the judicial review will be assessed as normal."

I bet barclays don't even know what is or isnt affected by the JR.

(mainly cause nothing is and its a publicity ploy to get people to give up)
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar View Post
                          Amethyst strikes me as being too polite to come out and say it, given her diplomatic "So, what's going on in PPI then", but could I observe as someone who reads a lot of forums across lots of sectors...

inane discussion that goes way off-topic is not entirely 'harmless'. You might argue it's only words on a website, but if the purpose of a forum is to encourage info sharing and intelligent debate on a specific topic, then if a casual browser sees page after page of "you said this, I said that", they're less likely to stumble across the posts worth reading, and that's potentially a valuable contributor lost, as they go searching for a more useful forum.

All of which is disrespectful, and that's me being polite, to the people that create and maintain these forums free of charge.

Nothing wrong with starting a separate thread on "CMC's, good or bad". Or "Do I have too much time on my hands?"

Off my soapbox.
                          I think post 1 on the thread does update the issues when they are covered.
                          Can I check if the JR documents are on post 1 now, amethyst?

NLP, apologies, I believe you are suggesting Consumer Action Group is the forum, is that right?
                          There are forums on the internet which can appear very much pro bank related ie MSE(some forums have some very vociferous anti claim/pro bank related posts). Moneysupermarket has had similar ones but I have never thought CAG was a "front for the banks". I would say potentially that having a DCA customer representative on their forum is not great news.

Am clarifying a few points with Barclays and awaiting further response from RBS which is even slower than sending a letter to them, lol!!!

Comment

I made it a sticky in here - good point though will add a link to the first post x (sorry Di for kinda trashing your first post )
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

I bet barclays don't even know what is or isnt affected by the JR.

(mainly cause nothing is and its a publicity ploy to get people to give up)
                              I think I kinda know that they have a criteria but the question is whether multiple claims that fit inside and outside the criteria are covered by a stay, ie I have a PPI claim which encompasses 2 loans and one is within a timeframe and the other is outside but because it consolidated the previous inside loan then it would be on hold.
                              Does that make sense? (even I am having difficulty explaining what I mean)

Comment

Makes sense, but can you say what claims would be affected NOW by a Judicial review to look at rules due to come in in December ?
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X