• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
    I have to get the builders in on that wall cos my head keeps damaging it, lol!
    tbf, when was the last time you gave us any information about this JR?

don't think you have... and i dont think you will.

like your pal debt star... you need to moderate yourself

Comment

RBS(including Natwest) and the Nationwide have joined Santander Group in stating they will continue to process ALL PPI complaints during the JR.

Hopefully more Banks will come out and use this opportunity to show they really do wish to treat customers fairly.

I spoke with the PPI concerns in Manchester this morning for RBS and they confirmed this to be true.

Somebody from another forum spoke to Nationwide.

Comment

Originally posted by NLP View Post
        tbf, when was the last time you gave us any information about this JR?

don't think you have... and i dont think you will.

like your pal debt star... you need to moderate yourself
        NLP, RBS Group obviously reply to you, they aren't currently with me but I lost a bit of my bite since my time has been limited on forums. With regards to Barclays, they are currently 2 weeks late in responding since Santander were emailed after I went with someone who works for Barclays. However, I do thank you for the kick up the posterior on those two though cos I think it's time to bark at them for a response.
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Please peeps lets keep it friendly and no more snipes at each other, this is the friendly site and we don't want to descend to the depths of a certain other site, I don't care about who started it/finished it, or the old he said/she said, lets just forget it and move forward.

Thank you

Comment

This in today's news, although I am aware these issues have been posted over the last few days, this however is in regards of Lloyds TSB.

http://www.claimscouncil.org/news/20...is-selling-ppi

Lloyds may face £1bn bill for mis-selling PPI

29/10/2010

Lloyds Banking Group accounted for 35% of insurance complaints to the ombudsman in the first half of 2010, the bulk of which relate to alleged mis-selling of payment protection insurance (PPI), according to Credit Suisse.

More to follow on the link posted above..........

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
              NLP, RBS Group obviously reply to you, they aren't currently with me but I lost a bit of my bite since my time has been limited on forums. With regards to Barclays, they are currently 2 weeks late in responding since Santander were emailed after I went with someone who works for Barclays. However, I do thank you for the kick up the posterior on those two though cos I think it's time to bark at them for a response.
              Cheers, lec.

I think we should make every effort to keep this thread in line with its remit to inform folk as opposed to petty squables.

My apologies for my part played, i am on best behaviour from now on in.

Comment

We received a copy of the JR papers today. I don't know how to post PDF's but would be glad to email them out if you inbox me an address.

There's 89 pages of legalese which is making my head hurt already - I'm not ashamed to say I'm out of my depth here, so will not offer any amateur opinion that's more likely to be misleading than anything else, until our solicitors have had a read through.

Word for word though, paragraph 15:

Accordingly, by this application the Claimant seeks from the Court, in summary, orders:

a) quashing the Policy Statement, including the DISP Amendments, on the basis that the FSA's reasons for issuing it are flawed by error of law and/or are irrational;

b) quashing the FOS Guidance

c) giving declaratory relief in relation to the applicability of the Open Letter Standards to the position before the introduction of ICOB in January 2005.
                Last edited by Avatar; 29th October 2010, 14:43:PM. Reason: typo's

Comment

Thank you avatar, just sent you a pm with my email addy if you want to post the above to me, cheers X

Comment

Avatar can i stuggest you send a PM to amethyst or tools for an email address then she can host them on here for you
                    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                      Avatar can i stuggest you send a PM to amethyst or tools for an email address then she can host them on here for you

That is a good idea PF, Amethyst will then get straight onto it, even though I don't mind, but I may be a little slow dealing with it lol X

Comment

sorry Di our posts crossed

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                          sorry Di our posts crossed

That's ok PF, but your right Amethyst is probably the best one to pm, but I don't mind giving it a go otherwise. Not a problem hon lol x

Comment

OK, despite my comment I wouldn't offer a potentially misleading interpretation...

Paragraph 14:
                            The FSA's reasons for issuing the Policy Statement and making the DISP Amendments are expressly premised upon its judgment that there have been and are widespread and common failings in PPI sales practices by many firms. Its view that there have been such failings is itself predicated upon the declared understanding of the applicable standards at the material times, as set out in the DISP Amendments and Open Letter Standards. Since, as is contended in this application, the FSA has erred in law in enunciating the asserted standards, the FSA's basis for issuing the Policy Statement and making the DISP Amendments is itself flawed in law and/or irrational because:

a) the FSA's judgment that there are widespread and common failings in PPI sales is vitiated by its errors of law in relying upon the Principles in defining (for the purposes of customer redress) the standares which firms are allegewd to have failed to meet;

------------------

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but my layman's view of this is that, notwithstanding the fact I agree you can't move the goalposts after the act i.e. retrospective application of new regulations and standards, the BBA are jumping on legal technicalities to deny PPI has been missold.

A quote from a colleague who knows a bit more about the law than I do:
                            "
                            I am reading the JE legal papers and find myself totally bemused about the wish of the banks to put such a submission forward. They really do fall under the heading of second hand car salesmen and snake oil suppliers as do the lawyers involved.
                            If they get away with this we will all be wholly aware that there is absolutely no justice in this country at all.
                            However, they will spin this out and harm a lot of people and clearly do not care."

Comment

eather way is good so long as we can get them up as their are a lot of interested members

sigpic

Comment

I emailed Amethyst with the PDF this morning :-)

Sorry not got round to posting these until now, the day's been non-stop so far.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X