• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    pmsl - well its just all so clear now !

I like this

I don't believe any firms /consumers are yet relying on the policy statement etc as yet are they ?

FSA handbook still shows the new disp as coming in in December.

Lloyds said that over 25% of claims they receive are from people who never had PPI in the first place (think that shows how much people are bandwagon jumping doesnt it)

[/color][/left]

The question I would ask is whether they were claiming they did or whether they were asking for paperwork to see if they could claim......
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

Lloyds said that over 25% of claims they receive are from people who never had PPI in the first place (think that shows how much people are bandwagon jumping doesnt it)

[/color][/left]
      People only bandwagon jump when they post on sites (or have phone calls from claims companies) and have replies telling them they have been missold.

Sometimes as soon as someone sees a post on sites that mentions PPI they automatically assume that its a single premium and must have been missold. Often its not the case and there was a post on here today that was similar.

The poster DID have an offer of their premium back although they were only "monthly premiums" and not a single premium and they dismissed the offer thinking they were due more back. Upon looking at the agreement in more detail it was obvious that the agreement did not have a single premium attached and the offer was actually very fair. Because the poster complained again and did not accept the offer has been withdrawn as the premium was not a single premium and it was most likely offered goodwill. I just hope they can get the offer reviewed again TBH cause it can be hard to prove a monthly premium of PPI as missold.

Comment

yup marshy but it is also worth a mention that many CC CO add on PPI even if you did not ask for it and MBNA is one of the biggest offenders i had over £1500 taken dispite there being no tick in the box on the agreement this is rife in the financial industry
        If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

UK banks face 5 bln stg protection insurance hit

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSLDE69Q12N20101027

Comment

The end of free banking is nigh

Comment

Originally posted by marshallka View Post
              UK banks face 5 bln stg protection insurance hit

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSLDE69Q12N20101027
              interesting article Marshy

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
              What free banking??

EDIT--bloody hell-mastered Multi Quote at last

Comment

totally LMAO

heard of bank charges?

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                  yup marshy but it is also worth a mention that many CC CO add on PPI even if you did not ask for it and MBNA is one of the biggest offenders i had over £1500 taken dispite there being no tick in the box on the agreement this is rife in the financial industry
                  This happened to OH with MBNA (twice!) and also on a Debenhams card where the original paperwork which we still have has a note written by the sales person to the effect that PPI was not required by OH...........and GE Money went ahead and added it anyway :tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

Originally posted by NLP View Post
                    totally LMAO

heard of bank charges?
                    Yeah? last time I checked I wasn't having to pay £15 a month to just have a bank account facility. Reckons you may be confusing your bounced cheques here son.

Comment

Yeah? last time I checked I wasn't having to pay £15 a month to just have a bank account facility. Reckons you may be confusing your bounced cheques here son.
                      Not a chance, newcomer... as you said yourself!

I know my onions.. and "if" you knew yours you would know exactly why the banks won the bank charges supreme case....

need some help?

bounced cheque? is that some kind of game you play?

son..

Comment

Originally posted by NLP View Post
                        totally LMAO

heard of bank charges?
                        I would agree with your sentiment but not your argument. Free Banking does not exist, since free if in credit may exist you are shafted on interest forgone on credit balances, and if you are in the red well, you are kinda shafted even more, lol!

Not sure I'll get into the argument on packaged accounts cos I think they are ****e....
                        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2010/10/...claims-234769/

http://www.compliancy-services.co.uk...a-rules-on-ppi
                          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 27th October 2010, 20:57:PM. Reason: Added link
                          If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nelliewops View Post
                            This happened to OH with MBNA (twice!) and also on a Debenhams card where the original paperwork which we still have has a note written by the sales person to the effect that PPI was not required by OH...........and GE Money went ahead and added it anyway :tinysmile_cry_t:
                            BoA (MBNA) $592 million, in reserve...

Comment

Just came across this....dated 27 October 2010 (apologies if this have already been posted, not checked right through this thread properly yet today).

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2010/10/...claims-234769/

Santander pledges to process PPI claimsSpanish banking giant not part of judicial review

27 October 2010
                              Consumers have been overcharged by £2.4bn on PPI, according to the Competition Commission

In a welcome move for consumers, Santander has confirmed that it is still processing Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) claims and will not be joining other UK banks in their judicial review of the PPI market.
                              A Santander spokesperson said 'We are not involved in the legal action being pursued by a number of UK banks with regards to Payment Protection Insurance (PPI). We will continue to deal with any issues our customers put to us regarding PPI in accordance with FSA rules.

More info on above link.

Comment

deleted
                                Last edited by The Debt Star; 28th October 2010, 09:26:AM. Reason: Deleted by DS (for causing unneccesary offence). For which, my Apologies.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X