• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Originally posted by marshallka View Post
    One CMC wrote this on their site last thursday but still nothing other than hearsay from consumers? Nothing official yet as I can see?
    not sure, what inroads have you made?

which CMC? maybe we could ask them in writing?

i will phone them if you want?

Comment

Originally posted by NLP View Post
      not sure, what inroads have you made?

which CMC? maybe we could ask them in writing?

i will phone them if you want?
      The CMC is Tyler something or other.... Morgan I think... and I cannot stand CMC's and certainly would not trust one TBH.

Comment

The CMC is Tyler something or other.... Morgan I think... and I cannot stand CMC's and certainly would not trust one TBH.
        ok let me goog and call them... hold fire....

pathetic, a woman sat in her living room pretending she runs a big company...

Comment

would not believe a word of what they say...but i was told the same thing by lloyds.. now on hold to rbs in mancland.

Comment

Originally posted by NLP View Post
            ok let me goog and call them... hold fire....

pathetic, a woman sat in her living room pretending she runs a big company...
            PMSL.... just like most of them then. If you go onto google maps of the address's of these CMC's they are just ordinary houses in ordinary streets. No BIG offices... just back street houses lol.

Comment

PMSL.... just like most of them then. If you go onto google maps of the address's of these CMC's
              Hey Marshy---you are turning into a computer geek after all--lol

Clxxx xxx:tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

well rbs are very vague, processing unless directly affected by JR

Comment

Hi,

I work for one of these much derided CMC's. That's that out of the way then.

I've been following this thread since this all took off, it's been hugely informative, thanks everyone - that's a genuine thanks btw, some of you may choose to throw that back in my face, I'm just being polite as was raised to (blame the parents)

I got very excited upon reading the post about Lloyds resuming claims, so got our staff to call their complaints dept several times to see if there was a consistent reply. They are indeed "processing all claims, but cannot give a timeline as to when they will be resolved". However the cynic in me (for which I don't blame the parents but, well, the lenders) asks if this is just a delaying tactic. If they say complaints are on hold, that allows us/consumers to go direct to the Ombudsman. If they say they are being processed, but don't know how long that will take, then the net effect is the same - indefinite suspension so the 8 weeks has to be adhered to. Cunning cynicism...?

When I put this to the complaints handler I spoke to, and queried if this was a definite change in stance, or just another way of dressing things up, he said, "well, that's what the BBA have told us to say". The plot thickens.

NB he then followed up with "its probably because of the backlog, we don't know how long it will take to clear". If things have been on hold for nearly three weeks, would it not take approx three weeks to clear?
                  ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                  RBS's stock response seems engineered to do the same - deflect criticism as it's not an out and out "We have stopped processing complaints", but the end result could be exactly that. Roll on the 21 day deadline and let's see if the FSA wishes to go out with a bang (read on MSE about year old rumours that it wanted to take on a big player before it goes, and ironically when the PIA did the same, it was Lloyds that it ended up fining millions for a minor offence)
                  Last edited by Avatar; 25th October 2010, 21:07:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Thanks Avatar, appreciate your input and your honesty Interestingly when we told the BBA about Lloyds announcing all claims on hold, they knew nothing of it, and got directly on to their legal team, so I expect (hope) some pressue has come from that area. Once the documents are available (I think following acknowledgement of service) from the courts we should have a much better idea of what the JR actually affects, although I think we have it pretty much sussed earlier in the thread. Maybe will give the BBA another call tmw see if theres any official updates to the situation. FOS are certainly business as usual.

Everyone keep updating
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

"well, that's what the BBA have told us to say". The plot thickens.

haha classic just who is running these banks because it sure aint the banks themselves lol

If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Sent the remaining 2 loan ppi reclaims on this, just as the matter of the JR started, so that is about 2 weeks or so ago, if i hear i will post up, even any acknowledgements received through the post.

And this was to Lloyds TSB
                        Last edited by di30; 25th October 2010, 21:26:PM.

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...isselling.html

Lloyds could face £1bn hit for misselling
                          Lloyds Banking group could be on the hook for a £1bn charge after misselling credit card insurance, according to a brokers note from Credit Suisse.

Comment

yep and they'll just pass on the tab to the customer one way of 'tother

Comment

Letter received from the BBA this morning, dated 25th Oct, addressed directly to my company (good to see customer service is at the forefront of their concerns)
                              ---------
                              You will be aware that the BBA has filed papers for a judicial review of [PS10/12] on 8th October 2010. This is not a decision that we have taken lightly but we believe that the FSA and FOS approach raise important points of law that need to be resolved. The application and grounds will be available at the High Court in due course.

We are requesting that the policy statement and guidance is withdrawn, which directly affects the manner in which firms can assess any complaint that would be affected by the approach taken by the FSA and FOS in the policy statement and guidance.

As a result it is likely that many firms will take the following approach to complaints handling pending the conclusion of the judicial review (it is ultimately however for individual firms to decide their own approach to complaints handling);

*) During the judicial review process complaints will continue to be reviewed - even those delayed by this judicial review process
                              **) Where the assessment of the complaint is not affected by the judicial review, these complaints will be handled in the normal way.
                              **) If a complaint is affected by the judicial review and cannot be resolved at this point then the bank will write to inform their customer.

The extent of the review of the complaint that is carried out at this stage may vary depending upon whether the complaint is affected by the judicial review.

*) As an integral part of this process, banks will;
                              **) keep a register of complaints that are affected by the judicial review
                              **) keep customers with such complaints advised of significant developments and
                              **) conclude the handling of such complaints once the judicial review process has ended and the applicable standards have been clarified.

*) Contrary to some media commentary, there is no deadline for receipt of complaints and generally no need for customers to make their complaints as a matter of urgency.

The date for the hearing of the judicial review is a (sic) ultimately a matter for the Court to decide but we are trying to get the case heard as soon as possible and we hope that court time can be made available within the next few months.

Yours sincerely

Eric Leenders
                              Executive Director
                              ----------------------

Well, that's cleared that up then....
                              Last edited by Avatar; 27th October 2010, 14:35:PM.

Comment

pmsl - well its just all so clear now !

I like this

*) During the judicial review process complaints will continue to be reviewed - even those delayed by this judicial review process

I don't believe any firms /consumers are yet relying on the policy statement etc as yet are they ?

FSA handbook still shows the new disp as coming in in December.

Lloyds said that over 25% of claims they receive are from people who never had PPI in the first place (think that shows how much people are bandwagon jumping doesnt it)

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X