• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

FOS '' Cases on payment protection insurance are still coming in at the rate of about 1600 per week. '' Bloody Hell !
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      Not JR related but in my local newspaper it seems there are some jobs losses to come for Lloyds....

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/new..._falls/?ref=mr

Bank jobs go as unemployment falls

10:20pm Wednesday 13th October 2010

ANOTHER huge jobs cull by banking giant Lloyds has cast a cloud over a fall in the UK's unemployment total, dealing a "devastating blow" to finance workers.
      The part-nationalised bank was criticised by unions for announcing plans to axe 4,500 jobs, taking the total number of losses to 20,000 since the start of last year.

More on above link........................
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------

And also in the local news of Barclays Bank Robbery in my town 2 days ago......

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/new...n_bank/?ref=mr

Yep, and moving more work overseas!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        FOS '' Cases on payment protection insurance are still coming in at the rate of about 1600 per week. '' Bloody Hell !
        The FSA estimated that the average value for redress of PPI complaints is £1500 which means the FOS (alone) are receiving claims worth £2.4m per week and upholding around £2m worth of them.

Comment

My friend has a claim with Halifax. She has filled in the forms she was sent and has received a letter saying they would be in touch by the 4th of November.

Do you think they will now put this on hold

Comment

Just rang Barclays for an update on my claim - I sent acceptance letter back to FOS which Barclays received on 1st October. I asked what they were doing with claims that have been upheld and they said they were still dealing with them and that they would definitely be settled.
            In order for evil to triumph it is necessary only that good men do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by showergirl View Post
              My friend has a claim with Halifax. She has filled in the forms she was sent and has received a letter saying they would be in touch by the 4th of November.

Hi Showergirl

Hope your well.

They should continue, but it seems that everyone are being told different things, I would ask your friend to contact Halifax for an update on this.

It was originally only going to be "new" cases and not those ongoing or offered settlements.

In my opinion, they are making more work for themselves in the long run.

That is good news MrsSkint, well done!

Comment

I have been searching, and take it no further updates or news so far on JR today - yet folks?

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post

In all the doom & gloom articles I've read on the breakup of OFT, Consumer Focus and FSA, not one of them has found space to mention the impending formation of the CPMA (Consumer Protection and Markets Authority) who's remit is that of a "single integrated conduct regulator, taking a tougher, more proactive and more focused approach to regulating conduct in financial services and markets".

http://www.bis.gov.uk/assets/biscore...r-evidence.pdf

There has been extensive recent regulation of the consumer credit market in the UK. Much of this regulation came too late to help consumers or lenders avoid the worst of the credit crisis, but important new protections are now coming into effect driven in large part by European reform and by the OFT’s new Irresponsible Lending Guidance.
                  The Government is considering whether a fundamental weakness in regulation is caused by the split in responsibility for consumer finance between the OFT, which regulates consumer credit, and the FSA, which regulates most consumer financial services activity including, for example, mortgages. The creation of the new consumer protection and markets authority (CPMA) presents an opportunity to consider the manner in which consumer credit is regulated and a consultation will be issued in due course on whether to transfer responsibility for consumer credit from the OFT to the CPMA.
                  Announcement on the Consultation (with a PLAIN ENGLISH version) is Legal Beagles Consumer Forum - Announcements in Forum : CONSULTATIONS - improving the future for consumers - PLEASE HAVE YOUR SAY !!!!! YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE !
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                    I have been searching, and take it no further updates or news so far on JR today - yet folks?
                    Nothing from BBA, but we have confirmation in writing from Santander that they are NOT taking part in the JR at all.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by showergirl View Post

Part of Lloyds Banking group so it will be put on hold pending JR(and not the one from Dallas ).
                      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        Nothing from BBA, but we have confirmation in writing from Santander that they are NOT taking part in the JR at all.
                        Something, on a large scale, needs to be done to laud Santander, and prove to the other gangster banks that they cannot run roughshod and not suffer.

Can all the sites get together and speak to Sanatander to get some kind of refferal fee system in place and an easy way to open a current account with them?

They would get tons of new accounts, and they want this and will work to get them open... and all you sites get the needed money you need to keep you ticking over

and best of all... the other gangsters get 2 very big fingers up at them

lets make this big, santander have shown the way, we have to let it known they are the example to follow.

we cannot let this drop.

Comment

Will do as soon as we have conf back from the bba and the jr papers are available don't want to jump any boat.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

great, we got something to really beat the other banks with now

and if we dont use it... then we may aswell shut up shop.

masterful move by santander.

Comment

Originally posted by NLP View Post
                              Something, on a large scale, needs to be done to laud Santander, and prove to the other gangster banks that they cannot run roughshod and not suffer.
                              You do realise though that those banks who ARE putting claims on hold are also raising the possibility that their own litigation against customers might go on hold as well. There is a certain win win situation in this when they lose the JR.
                              Can all the sites get together and speak to Sanatander to get some kind of refferal fee system in place and an easy way to open a current account with them?
                              Whilst I certainly think a lot more highly of Santander than I do of other banks, I don't think rewarding misselling in the first place with a referral scheme is particularly a good idea in spite of the fact that they have done so. What if Egg say they won't go with the BBA, what if Capital One say the same, are we all supposed to open Egg accounts and take out a Capital One card?
                              They would get tons of new accounts, and they want this and will work to get them open... and all you sites get the needed money you need to keep you ticking over
                              And then people who have complaints against Santander might take their paranoia up a notch and suggest these sites are working WITH Santander rather than for their users. If you want to compare accounts then MSE is the place to probably go or moneysupermarket.
                              and best of all... the other gangsters get 2 very big fingers up at them
                              But how many people really will change bank accounts? How much of us really trust that the transfer of our account will not be messed up by one or both the providers?
                              lets make this big, santander have shown the way, we have to let it known they are the example to follow.
                              On this point specifically, ie Santander breaking ranks, I do agree with you but let's not kiss their ass that much as to switch banks.
                              we cannot let this drop.
                              I think amethyst commented so I'll leave her comments be for now
                              "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                              (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

when ??????????/ I don't think anything is certain just yet nats.

and sorry i didn't make myself clear - yes I agree with the publicity element - not with the referrally bits, for starters we just dont do referrals to anything (well except maybe CCCS and cab if absolutely necessary but def not on a commission basis) and secondly Santander are consistently bottom of the consumer satisfaction and rates tables so would be a pretty naff referral to make. But still Kudos to them for not getting involved in this, though I like to see the evidemce first from elsewhere other than their own mouths (ie the JR papers)
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X