• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Hello Pompeyfaith - I have just listened to Martin Lewis on that link you gave and I cannot stress how much I agree with you.. I wonder what will happen now then as a result of his impassioned and brilliant response to all the questions put to him.

wheazy

Comment

Current lender updates:

Lloyds – Will deal with claim, investigate upto the final response, will not give any final responses until the issues have been sorted – no timescale given.

HSBC – all new claims will be acknowledged, then no further work will be done, any which had a final decision made before the 08/10/2010 will still be issued

Barclays – Will acknowledge claims, will work on if needed but no final response will be issued.

MBNA – will acknowledge claims, nothing further will be done, no further work and no final responses.

Halifax - new cases will be acknowledged, any claims after the 08/10/2010 can't have a full review done so no final response, any claims before that date that had been reviewed will still have a final response issued on them.

RBS – all claims are being dealt with in the usual way, reviewing and issuing final responses, any claims that have been affected by the JR will be notified, no explaination of which claims could be affected.

Comment

Originally posted by cardinals View Post
        Current lender updates:

Lloyds – Will deal with claim, investigate upto the final response, will not give any final responses until the issues have been sorted – no timescale given.

HSBC – all new claims will be acknowledged, then no further work will be done, any which had a final decision made before the 08/10/2010 will still be issued

Barclays – Will acknowledge claims, will work on if needed but no final response will be issued.

MBNA – will acknowledge claims, nothing further will be done, no further work and no final responses.

Halifax - new cases will be acknowledged, any claims after the 08/10/2010 can't have a full review done so no final response, any claims before that date that had been reviewed will still have a final response issued on them.

RBS – all claims are being dealt with in the usual way, reviewing and issuing final responses, any claims that have been affected by the JR will be notified, no explaination of which claims could be affected.

Thanks for posting this.

Is this also on any of the media online? cheers.

Comment

Info is from direct phone calls to complaints departments

Comment

Originally posted by cardinals View Post
            Info is from direct phone calls to complaints departments

Thank you.

Comment

Have added that summary to first post of thread so it can be found easily. thanks cardinal very useful
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Just cause Santander have decided not to join in with the JD and hold complaints they are still a very complained about bank

Banks top FSA complaints tableLloyds, Barclays and Santander named and shamed

30 September 2010
                Lloyds, Barclays and Santander have been identified as Britain's most complained about banks. The number of disputes recorded by the FSA has been revealed for the first time, with Lloyds and Barclays each receiving over a quarter of a million in the first half of 2010.
                The FSA has also called for an improved complaints handling procedure and a higher compensation limit for customers whose complaint is upheld.

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2010/09/...-table-231935/

Going by the comment above though it seems like the FSA are fighting for a "higher compensation" for when they finally get to look into complaints!!

Comment

I passed a PPI claim to solicitor some months ago & because of the current intervention (much like the last one) I have now instructed him to go after the whole agreement as being unenforceable AND as the capital sum has been more than repaid (without any default) I may also instruct him to claim undue enrichment thereby seeking the return of ALL monies paid + %

Comment

I - for one - would like to see the outcome of that, Righty. If PPI lends some weight to unenforceability arguments, then I like that. There must surely then be a 'quid pro quo' aspect to this, too - the Law being a two-way street (in theory) - an' a' that.

Comment

[Quote]:
                      MBNA – will acknowledge claims, nothing further will be done, no further work and no final responses. [End Quote]

Same old MBNA (BoA), then!

Comment

If the FSA don't take the action they CAN take...

the door will be left firmly open for Solicitors to take the action required.

Good luck banks... will cost you SO much more.

Comment

Just got off the phone to Lloyds customer care, ppi team blah blah, spoke to a Supervisor, and was told they held claims for 2 weeks until they were sure of what to do... but now all being processed!!!?????!!!!

He seemed adamant about it, but warned there was a backlog now

what is going on??????????//

Comment

Originally posted by NLP View Post
                            Just got off the phone to Lloyds customer care, ppi team blah blah, spoke to a Supervisor, and was told they held claims for 2 weeks until they were sure of what to do... but now all being processed!!!?????!!!!

He seemed adamant about it, but warned there was a backlog now

what is going on??????????//
                            Do you have a complaint with LLoyds NLP? ALso would they confirm that to you in writing or email perhaps? Also just read it on a Reclaiming company site too but they say they are waiting for actual confirmation.

Comment

Originally posted by marshallka View Post
                              Do you have a complaint with LLoyds NLP? ALso would they confirm that to you in writing or email perhaps?
                              no, but i am keeping proactive.

everybody else seems to have gone???

Comment

Originally posted by NLP View Post
                                no, but i am keeping proactive.

everybody else seems to have gone???
                                One CMC wrote this on their site last thursday but still nothing other than hearsay from consumers? Nothing official yet as I can see?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X