• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Re: welcome finance help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: welcome finance help needed

hi people, new to this forum, but from the posts I read on here through good ol' Google searches it sounds like forum to be part of!

Anyway, onto the subject at hand - I took a £500 loan from these bandits in 2003, and then a top-up of £1,250 in late 2004 as I had just split from my partner and was in the mire.

Since then they have moved it to local branches wherever I have moved, who have on some occasions 're-scheduled' the loan (by way of drawing up new agreements that I never saw or signed), to which I guess they were front-loading more interest on top of the interest and so on.

The situation now is that I still owe £2,400 six years later, which is currently being managed on my behalf by a DMP.

I got confirmation from the DM people that the interest was not 'zeroed' (like many of my other creditors) but 'front-loaded', which I assume means they calculated it and added it to the total , but it makes it appear to be zero interest.

Speaking to Welcome's 'special' DMP department, I said I could pay them off a oittle quicker without the DMP in place (as I pay a charge for this), to which they replied that they would start charging interest again - hang on, haven't they done this anyway?!?!

Well, I asked them for full statements of payments, and two weeks later this rather thin letter arrived with a ropey statement of payments across all the different accounts they had set up over the years (there are 6 accounts in total!).

They have also listed each one as a new and separate item with Experian, which makes me look very shoddy in the eyes of other potential lenders.

Anyway, on top of this I believe I was mis-sold PPI on the grounds that I didn't have my job for two years before I took it out, and was never even told about it except for the fact that it was 'required'. I have never once taken a day off sick from work.

Anyway, what is the likeliness (and legality) of them selling a new PPI on top of each and every re-schedule they did, and then charging interest on top of the whole lot?

I'm wondering how on earth I owe so much money, as I must have paid them thousands back over the last six years and STILL owe more than I borrowed.

I'm getting the SAR ready - anything else I should know, and where is the best place to send it?

Thankyou sincerely to anyone who managed to read all of that :-)

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X