• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help needed - ingenious legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks!

I'll get back to you soon on the next steps.

Comment

Ok, thanks.

Comment

Yes, their response is very interesting. I place it here for others to view and get an insight into the world of fighting back!

Thank you for your email the contents of which are noted.

We no longer hold a record of the online application that was completed at the time of application. Due to the PPI deadline (29 August 2019), the website was subsequently discontinued as the PPI deadline had passed and no further applications could be accepted.

Once the application was completed and the signature entered, the Terms of Business agreed and the form submitted; the signature was then applied to all the forms detailed in our response dated 20 April 2021 and issued to the lenders selected.

As mentioned above we no longer hold a copy of the online application and therefore, are unable to provide you with the information you have requested, namely, The advice to download documents’. The URL was, https://instant-online-refunds.co.uk, however, as advised above the URL is no longer active.

We note that you have requested for confirmation that you could have accessed the downloaded documents page at a later stage. Unfortunately, you were not able to access this page at a later stage. All clients could however, were able to contact Ingenious Legal directly and request for a copy of the signed documents. Upon receipt of the request the signed documents would have been provided to the client.

We understand this may come as a disappointment but can assure you that the application process was reviewed by our external Legal Compliance Officers.

In the event you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Comment

They seem to have an answer, even though very sketchy, for everything!

Comment

Hi

just had a letter from a debt collector working on behalf of ingenious law. They are saying i had asked them to work on my behalf to claim PPI. and have an outstanding bill to pay them, although i admit looking into this I never signed anything to persue this.

i have requested GDPR which they have sent back stating i signed electronically which to my knowledge is false, I have also requested proof of signature and also the contract i supposed to have signed but they have sent nothing, just stating they have emailed several times ant txt.

please help!!

Comment

Hi I'm also receiving emails and messages on my house phone from Ingenious Legal regarding money that I seemingly owe them for ppi. I can't remember signing anything I have read a few threads about other people who are also going through the same thing, please can anyone tell me how to deal with this as I'm not sleeping with all the worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweetykk1 View Post
                Hi I'm also receiving emails and messages on my house phone from Ingenious Legal regarding money that I seemingly owe them for ppi. I can't remember signing anything I have read a few threads about other people who are also going through the same thing, please can anyone tell me how to deal with this as I'm not sleeping with all the worry.
                You need to make a formal complaint to Ingenious on the basis that you didn't give them your informed consent to make any PPI claims and if you're not happy with their response or they don't respond within 8 weeks you should then file the complaint with the Legal Ombudsman Make A Complaint | Legal Ombudsman

As soon as you make the complaint to Ingenious you should tell them that until the complaint is resolved to your satisfaction, either by them or the Legal Ombudsman, it would not be appropriate for them to continue to pursue you for payment.

Comment

Just sent my formal complaint to ingenious lets wait and see what response i will get

Comment

Originally posted by Pleasantview View Post
                    Just sent my formal complaint to ingenious lets wait and see what response i will get
                    Just had a response from ingenious stating that I had signed my contract electronically, from an apple device, the signiture does not remotely look like mine. They are stating if i suspect that fraud has been committed contact action fraud.

any advice plz

Comment

You need to register the complaint with the Legal Ombudsman and tell Ingenious that you have done so and not to pursue you for payment in the meantime. There's quite a backlog at the LO so you'll have to wait quite a long time before they actually start considering the complaint.

Comment

Originally posted by dawnhoran View Post
                        UPDATE RE INGENIOUS LEGAL. I have reported them to Action Fraud and given them the crime number. I have submitted my formal complaint and received acknowledgment of that from them. I have also received a report form to complete from the SRA and will complete that tonight for submission.

I have also helped another victim and she has also reported to Action Fraud and received a crime number. I will gladly help anyone else if they wish.
                        hi I am in the same position as you were with ingenious, not sure how to draft the complaint letter to the Legal Ombudsman, would you have a template?

also went onto action fraud but not sure what heading to complain on,

your help would be great

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Pleasantview View Post

hi I am in the same position as you were with ingenious, not sure how to draft the complaint letter to the Legal Ombudsman, would you have a template?

also went onto action fraud but not sure what heading to complain on,

your help would be great

thank you
                          When you initially register a complaint with LO they will only accept the complaint you originally made to Ingenious and their response to it. It's only when they start investigating (a long way down the road yet) that LO will accept evidence/documents and that's the time that you can explain your complaint in more detail.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post

When you initially register a complaint with LO they will only accept the complaint you originally made to Ingenious and their response to it. It's only when they start investigating (a long way down the road yet) that LO will accept evidence/documents and that's the time that you can explain your complaint in more detail.
                            I have had final response off Ingenious legal stating i still owe the outstanding balance of £120,
                            I have reported to action fraud , they replied that this was not a reportable crime for them to act on, so now reporting them to LO.

Comment

I have also received letter from Ingenious Legal advising that I owe them over £300 for a PPI claim which I did receive, however, I do not recall asking them or signing anything to allow them to raise this on my behalf. Prior to the letter, there were emails sent to my partner regarding this. Last week my partner called them and said it was nothing but a scam and to remove my name from their list. I have now received a letter from Silverback Law who they have instructed to write to me in connection with the outstanding sum. They have advised that I should contact IL within 30 days and if payment is not made they may issue a county court claim.

What advice can you give on how to proceed please?

Comment

Originally posted by Briviv View Post
                                I have also received letter from Ingenious Legal advising that I owe them over £300 for a PPI claim which I did receive, however, I do not recall asking them or signing anything to allow them to raise this on my behalf. Prior to the letter, there were emails sent to my partner regarding this. Last week my partner called them and said it was nothing but a scam and to remove my name from their list. I have now received a letter from Silverback Law who they have instructed to write to me in connection with the outstanding sum. They have advised that I should contact IL within 30 days and if payment is not made they may issue a county court claim.

What advice can you give on how to proceed please?
                                You need to make a formal complaint to IL on the basis that you didn't provide them with your informed consent to make any PPI claims. If they reject the complaint or don't provide you with a final response to it within 8 weeks then you can file the complaint with the Legal Ombudsman. The LO will take a long time before they deal with it as they're really backed up but as you are following the formal complaints procedure, IL should not pursue you for payment in the meantime.

Don't worry about Silverback, they are very unlikely to go to the trouble of taking you to court for 300 quid.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X