• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help needed - ingenious legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tannibear View Post

I am currently trying to find out what I can do about this as I also have these issues. Ingenious Legal told me I clicked on an Instagram ad from my iPhone and that I apparently signed an agreement digitally on the phone which is why my signature doesn't;t look like mine. I would never have done that and just to be sure I checked my 'link' history in Instagram. Surprise surprise, no history of any clicks onto this company's advert. I'm not sure where to go from here but they are asking for £900 from me....
    Hi Tannibear, are you still having problems? Have you received your final response from Ingenious Legal?

Comment

Good morning,

I have received the SAR and I find it rather strange that there are things on there that I have never had! Despite their insistence that they sent texts, they have now admitted that they have no mobile number. Should I now go to the legal ombudsman? Any guidance would be great please.

Kindest regards

Dawn

Comment

Sorry but my brain doesn't switch off from this. I have performed extensive historical searches on my pc using the dates they claimed I searched. I had nothing until the last date which was 29th August 2020, this was after they claimed I had made the application on 28th July 2019. There is nothing showing I searched for them before. The search indicates Mailchimp was used does anyone know what this is? Interestingly my computer shows it was the 30th August 2020 and not the date they gave 29th August 2020. I will keep digging!

Comment

Did they send the SAR response by email? If so can you forward it to me?

We need to find out the web address of the ''application'' that they claimed you filled out on 28 July 2019. Is there anything in the response that provides it? If not I think you should ask for it.

We've got 6 months to make a complaint to the Ombudsman so let's at least use some of that time getting all the info we can.

Comment

Hi Nick,

Yes they sent the docs via email and I have forwarded them to you. I can't see a web address but you may have better luck! I will ask for the web address if you can't find it. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Don't send them anything yet! Let me have a good look and I'll help draft something to respond to them with.

Comment

Draft response attached. If you're happy with it just copy & paste it into an email.

I've set a few traps for them. If they take the bait it'll give us some more ammo for the Ombudsman.

Attached Files

Comment

Oh, that is good! Thank you so much it is copied, pasted, and sent.

Comment

Ok, keep us posted!

Comment

I think this is massive! Whilst speaking with a colleague at work today about my problems with this company, she too had received a similar communication from them.

Comment

I think this is massive! Whilst speaking with a colleague at work today about my problems with this company, she too had received a similar communication from them. She had tried to click on canceling this but it failed to work.

Comment

get her to come on site as you have theninsught will be better

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                            get her to come on site as you have theninsught will be better
                            Will do!

Comment

Originally posted by dawnhoran View Post
                              Oh, that is good! Thank you so much it is copied, pasted, and sent.
                              Interesting response!

So they don't have the application and the signed documents weren't available to you after you left the application website.

Unfortunately an archive of the application website (instant-online-refunds.co.uk) isn't available on the Wayback Machine, but's that's unfortunate for them too as they can't prove that they advised you to download the signed documents. In my view they've breach distant selling regulations by not providing you a copy of the signed documents in a durable medium.

We've got enough to go to the Legal Ombudsman now, except that we need your original complaint which I believe you emailed to them on 7 April, so can you send that to me please?

Comment

Hi Nick,

Just thought I would show this so that others can see the issues in the hope it may help them too.

A formal complaint against Ingenious Legal

Given your most recent email, I shall not telephone but shall keep all communications documented via email.

In response to your recent email. I would like to make it clear that I have never signed anything using a mouse, stylus, probe, etc...The information you have tried to provide is not accurate and there is no one else that would ever consider acting on my behalf without my permission. It appears that there is a breach of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). You have never provided any form of communication and never offered any updates as a company would normally do. I have never received a consumer's contract explaining cancellation information. The documents you have enclosed are the first I have seen, with of course a false signature. I will be getting a forensic document examiner to confirm my suspicions that your company is indeed acting fraudulently. You have many other people making these claims publicly and this is very worrying that you continue to behave this way. Examples here:-

https://www.lexology.com/library/det...9-3146de0a1ecc
                                https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=25911
                                https://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/fk2...saying-owe.htm

There are many more, as I am sure you are aware!

Once I have submitted my formal complaint you have 6-8 weeks (02/06/2021) in which to deal with my complaint and if I am not satisfied I will be escalating this to the Legal Ombudsman, SRA, and the FCA. Action Fraud has been informed.

I did not sign or return any letters authorizing terms of engagement. It is apparent that you have conducted yourselves in this way to numerous others as is evident in your reviews on your website, Facebook and Legal Beagle, and this needs to stop. If I had employed your services I would have expected certain documentation:-

Care letter
                                One page summary before a contract was signed.
                                A detailed breakdown of the charges
                                Offer of a cooling down period when I can cancel
                                Updates of key developments with the claim, i.e explaining the actions you have taken
                                Details of ombudsman schemes or other ways officially I can claim
                                Where are the details of how to complain if I'm unhappy

I would most certainly never sign any document online, I would have requested paperwork and furthermore, I would never employ someone when I never had any intention of using this service. You are acting in a fraudulent way and I intend to report you to the highest authority.

I may add here that the time I am currently having to spend on this will require me to charge my own fee for time wasted. I will enclose my hourly rate in due course.

Yours sincerely

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X