• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Halifax Mortgage and PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax Mortgage and PPI

I had a Halifax Mortgage from 1997, which I started off paying on an interest only basis with an additional endowment designed to be invested to cover the cost of the original loan. I also paid an amount to cover life, critical illness and redundancy (total mortgage protection). In 2003 I borrowed more and restructured it to put on a repayment basis, all with total mortgage protection. Over the next few years I borrowed more against it. In 2010 I switched to interest only and thereafter was in some trouble until the house was eventually sold.

A year ago I put in for PPI repayment through the Resolver thing on the Martin Lewis website. I received a few phone calls, answered questions to the best of my memory and a while later was pleasantly surprised to find a chunk of money had been paid directly into my bank account.

But here's the thing... I never got any documentation that related to the refund whatsoever, paper of electronic. In one of the calls I'd had, I was told because of the way my pension had gone I actually had two separate PPI claims to pursue, and the guy seaid he'd set another one up for me. When the money came I hd no idea whether it referred to the one claim or both of them. I now assume to both because I received nothing further. But where would I go to get any accompanying documentation from? I always assumed I would have been made an offer first, but I received nothing whatsoever but the surprise of one day looking into my bank account and seeing that money had been deposited in there!

How would I go about getting the documentation? It would be nice to check how it had been calculated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X