• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

FOS LLoyds complaint not upheld - help please new information found

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOS LLoyds complaint not upheld - help please new information found

I have been chasing PPI for my wife with LLoyds TSB. I have now reached a final decision with the ombudsman and they are not up holding my complaint. But I feel they are glossing over a key fact.

The decisions is based on the probability of LLoyds not mis-selling the PPI due to lack of evidence. The usual arguments of didn't need etc and can remember were not enough to win. But on a final check after the FOS request to agree or disagree the decision, I have found what I think is very important.

Quoting from the response to my initial LLoyds claim -

"Having checked our records in line with your concern, they don't show you took out a PPI policy with the product quoted above.Therefore I cannot currently investigate your concerns further. I've also included a copy of the Application/Agreement which shows no [M]PPI was attached to the account." (Application was never attached).

This statement was then proven by me to be wrong as I sent 2 x statements I found showing PPI. LLoyds then said

"My further investigation has shown that our original decision that this card was not protected by PPI was incorrect. My review of this policy has not found enough evidence to show that it was mis-sold."
    According to them the policy started 7/4/1999, probably on start date of credit card.

Ombudsman has sided with them.

My arguement on now finding this from Lloyds, is how can the FOS side with them stating no evidence, when they have referenced evidence held (Applcation\Agreement). Then for this NOT to be the case and suddenly just rely on selling policy after their so called mistake.

Either Lloyds didn't bother to check initially and lied about the application/agreement existing or it never did and once proven by me that PPI was there, they then without explanation of previous 'evidence' decided to say No mis-selling took place.

Is there anything I can do about this? As far as I am concerned they have lied either initially then corrected. Surely this is wrong and Lloyds or the FOS should be questioned about this.

This is very late in the day so help is needed, I will not agree with the FOS findings and have raised the Lloyds statements with them , they have replied saying this WAS taken into account. I cannot believe Lloyds can get away with this.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X