• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cento Client Review ( CCR Claims ) Client connection Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cento Client Review

Legal redress are a financial institution who use panels of people including solicitors who undertake work - some of which relates to PPI

Just thought I would post an update having rung Cento Client back - hope this makes sense but please let me know if not.
    1. The increase in charges from 25 to 30% is due to the case being moved to Legal Redress rather than Forbes Douglas and they apparently charge more. The paperwork is for me to return to indicate an interest but there is no rush for me to pay the £99 per claim for PPI and I can leave it until I see how much I get from the "18 flaws" claims which I have already made.

This is from Linda's post 253 on here if you have a read it will become clearer.
    Enaid x

Comment

(quote)Legal redress are a financial institution who use panels of people including solicitors who undertake work - some of which relates to PPI(quote)

Let us break this down -

Legal Redress are a Claims Management Company the same as Cento Client Review, that much we know.

Not sure that they can say they are a Financial Institution! as if they were they would be members of FSA and they would definately have to have a licence from the OFT.

They use use panels of people including solicitors? do they actually employ solicitors?

Panels of people what is this suposed to mean- do they employ people and if so what difference would that make, and what constitutes a panel?

Tutts

Comment

Everything becomes as clear as fog the more you delve into this company lol. I get the gist of the legal redress thing thanks to the posts on here, i have since spent a little time composing a letter to Patrick Abernethy trying not to ramble bit wanting to tell him everything i can remember that was said to me. I await a reply. If there is anything else you think i have forgotten to tell you just ask. Thanks you guys for pointing me in the right direction.
        x

Comment

i was contacted by Cento Client Review on my mobile (don't know how they got the number). They did a very good sales pitch and even got another guy on the phone who went through all the questions the other guy had asked me to make sure he had asked me the right questions. I have all the forms now to fill in and they have already taken £149.99 from me!! I thought I would do some research before sending the forms off as I have always had a good relationship with my banks, credit cards and lenders. Am feeling doubtful now and would like to ask for a refund of the £149.99 but don't know how to go about it - would ringing them up work or are they just going to question me about why i want the refund... any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

• Hi Dave

This is what their web site states. I also belive you have to return the pack.

When you return the pack send it by special delivery as they have stated to others that they will not return your money without it.

Also, you should phone them imediately to advise that you want a refund as you do not wish to go ahead.

If they become awkward in anyway please contact the Ministry of Justice who will ensure that your payment is returned to you.

(Quote)The £149.99 administration fee will be refunded back to you within 7 working days. The only cost you stand to lose is the £10 document fee you supplied with your claim(Quote)

If we can help in any way, please ask.

Tuttsi

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
              If anyone is seeking return of their payments made to Cento or is having any problems contacting them then please contact info@claimsregulation.gov.uk and make a complaint to them.

Hi Dave
              There is definitely a thread on here somewhere from someone who did ask Cento Client for a refund and it did arrive on the promised date - I just can't find the thread. When I spoke to Cento client they said I could change my mind in 7 days having read the pack as long as I sent it back.
              Hope this helps.
              Linda.

Comment

THE STORY SO FAR.......

1. Basically, I have not heard of one person so far who has been sucessful, but that is not to say that there have not been any.

2.The solicitors they have stated to many people that they use are Forbes Douglas, I have evidence from the MD of Forbes Douglas that they are not solicitors and neither do they have any solicitors employed by them, they are in fact another claims managment company. So again if they make these references you must check out what they are saying is correct.

3. If your claim progresses to the next stage they will ask for more money and they will also get you to sign away in addition 30% of any money they recover for you.

4. If you decide to use them, you should check their T & C's before entering into any agreement IMHO and definately before you pay any money over.

5. Get everything in writing before entering into any agreement, unless you are recording your phonecalls.

6. Do your research thoroughly before using them or any other claims management company, before parting with your money. There are loads of resources on the internet.

7. Anything they can do for you you can do for free, with the help of consumer web sites like here on Legal Beagles.

8.Cento Client Review told me that I had £3K to come back from a particular previous mortgage company, this was not true as I have checked it out, I did not take PPI and neither did I have £3K of Mortgage charges. The mortgage payments were much more than £3K so where to they get there figures from.

9. Also, it is worth remembering at the time of their phonecall to you they are not privy to your Bank,Mortgage,Creditcards and Loans so how can they pluck figues out of thin air and advise you what you have to come back.

10. They have been known to tell people to stop paying their loans and pay the money to their solicitors, on no account must anyone do this as it is not advisable. Seek solicitors advice from someone you trust as you could end up in default and your financial record could be damaged.

11. When they phone you, did should ask where they got your personal data from? they are not allowed to cold call. They told me from the FSA - that is not true, when questioned further they told me a central regisitry for PPI, again I have no PPI so this cannot be true.

12. Never give you personal data to anybody that calls you on the telephone this includes you credit/debit card numbers, without first checking them out.

Finally, if you feel they have misled you or that they cold called you, this will make them in breach of their conditions for holding a Ministry of Justice Licence, then a complaint to the MOJ is very important. 100 companies with licences have had them suspended ot cancelled.

Claims Management Officer
                Claims Management Regulation
                Monitoring and Compliance Unit
                57-60 High Street
                Burton on Trent
                Staffordshire
                DE14 1JS
                www.claimsregulation.gov. uk
                Telephone: 0845 450 6858
                Fax: 0845 450 6866
                Email: info@claimsregulation.gov .uk

MOJ web site showing CMC's that have lost their licence. http://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/
                Last edited by TUTTSI; 16th August 2009, 09:42:AM.

Comment

HI, I RECIEVED PHONE CALL FROM THESE PEOPLE ABOUT AN HOUR AGO PROMISING THE EARTH FOR £149.99 THOUGHT IT SOUNDED TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE TO PART WITH YOUR MONEY BEFOR ANYTHING IS POSTED TO YOU,IFOUND THIS SITE THROUGH MONEY EXPERT AND WHAT I HAVE READ CONFIRMS WHAT I SUSPECTED, THEY ARE EXPECTING A CALL BACK TOMORRO ONCE I HAVE DISCUSSED THIS WITH MY HUSBAND,THEY'LL BE WAITING A LONG TIME, THANK GOD FOR WEBSITES LIKE THIS.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Hi Denise and welcome to BEagles.

If you are struggling with your debts then have a read about the site, post up your circumstances and any issues/probelms you are having and we can try and help you sort things out. Also if you are specifically enamoured with Centos 'wipe all your debts' malarky have a read of this thread ~~~ Consumer Credit Agreements - A Guide ~~~~ inc. Letters - Legal Beagles which is a bit more of an in depth view to the consumer credit act and what the legislation is and can be used for.

Ame
                    xx
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

You say you found this but at companies house I found a live file for them on this link:

WebCHeck - Select and Access Company Information

Where did you find the dissolved one? I can't see it.

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      also

Business Name:Client Connection Limited
                      Address:14 Maenol GlasfrynLlangennech
                      Town/City:CarmarthenshireCounty: Carmarthenshire
                      Postcode:SA14 8SJ
                      Trading Names:Cento Client Review
                      Sectors:Financial products/services,
                      Personal Injury,
                      Authorisation Number:CRM16588

Companies house - Dissolved 2007

mysimpleclaim ltd inc December 2008

Comment

That one you have posted is a different company (Client Connections Ltd as opposed to Client Connection Ltd) at a different address -
                        CLIENT CONNECTIONS LTD

8 ELM CLOSE, TUDHOE VILLAGE
                        SPENNYMOORE
                        CO DURHAM
                        DL16 6UX
                        Company No. 06015479

CLIENT CONNECTION LIMITED
                        14 MAENOL GALSFRYN
                        LLANGENNECH
                        LLANELLI
                        CARMARTHENSHIRE
                        SA14 8SJ Company No. 06637623
                        Date of Incorporation: 03/07/2008

and as I said previously they were dissolved in 2007 then set up again in 2008 - but nope can't find it now will check my files.
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

strange... when I click on the link it takes me to the one without the s. company number 06637623 which still looks active

I just read the bit you said they were reset back up... sorry. only saw the bit of being dissolved. Still dont want to trust them.

That one you have posted is a different company (Client Connections Ltd as opposed to Client Connection Ltd) at a different address -
                          CLIENT CONNECTIONS LTD

8 ELM CLOSE, TUDHOE VILLAGE
                          SPENNYMOORE
                          CO DURHAM
                          DL16 6UX
                          Company No. 06015479

CLIENT CONNECTION LIMITED
                          14 MAENOL GALSFRYN
                          LLANGENNECH
                          LLANELLI
                          CARMARTHENSHIRE
                          SA14 8SJ Company No. 06637623
                          Date of Incorporation: 03/07/2008

and as I said previously they were dissolved in 2007 then set up again in 2008 - but nope can't find it now will check my files.

Comment

Well in that case we match then
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Well in that case we match then

Comment

just replied on your other thread.

The thing with these companies are they are newly incorporated, so theres no accounts to go and check on, and not much historical info to look at - if you get to a stage after the first letters and discussing stuff on here where you feel out of your depth then there are decent solicitors and longer established companies you can then take your cases to.

If you want a hand with your reclaiming bank charges / missold PPI / credit card charges etc too please just shout

Ame
                                xx
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X