• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI Claim Company Allay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm currently pushing back on a claim from Allay on a PPI win. This is one I initiated before they became involved on additional claims as it was taking up a lot of my time

Beyond the fact that they made zero calls or emails on my behalf (beyond sending a broad D-Sar I apparently signed remotely) I've been disturbed by Allay's behaviour with litigation claims

They admit to sending out county court forms missing the claim number but with a demand for payment of court fees included

Today I received this response from the Allay litigation team

In regards to the outstanding Egg claim this has not been sent to the courts, the cover letter states that court action is pending therefore we do not have a court case number.
    I wonder how many people have been caught out and paid the increased amount without realising this was a threat (using official court documents) v a genuine action. From a legal POV is this acceptable behaviour and could people mislead counterclaim for any money paid under false pretences

I'm fortunate in that the PPI was a bonus and that i'm willing to fight them to the bitter end but the irony of a company made rich from miss selling and lack of clarity is complicit in the same behaviour

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Hmmm, you might need to look into that - does it show the address of the financial association and is that recognised? Put a query in to the CRA anyway.l to see if they'll remove it.

On Allay - if she only filled in her details and left the page then no they had no authority to do anything- it doesn't sound like they did as the refund came from her own direct complaint about the fees to the bank .... but then of course how did Allay know about the refund unless the bank informed them.... is the Allay letter specific about the amount etc or could it just be a speculative letter ?

Definitely ask the bank for any third party authorities they hold and if any, tell them to cancel them.

And def SAR Allay.

Hello Amethyst

I have an update on the SAR i did for the wife..

My wife eventually received the information back from her SAR to Allay and also the Lloyds bank.

The signature on the LOA is nothing like my wife's signature, she still has loan agreements going back 20 years and her signature hasn't changed over all that time, even the handwriting for the date is totally different, My wife is going to contact the bank to stop them passing her data to Allay. All the usual organizations will also be getting a letter of complaint etc.

My wife also had a successful claim for PPI on a Lloyds bank loan and of course the bank sent Allay information about this, now they want a slice of that as well, to add insult to injury, Allay sent the payment demand with the SAR.

Have Allay committed and offence by forging the signature? I would like to get all the evidence I need to stop this dead, otherwise Allay may come back in the future to harass her.

All the best
      Jimbomag

Comment

How different is your wife signature ? I've seen a few of these now and although the signatures are different they look like the real signature but applied via a finger on a screen etc ( like signing for a parcel on the posties pda ) or using a mouse on a non touch screen device - For example does she sign using first name initial and last name but allays version is first initial and last name?Â*

Theres a question over whether the original allay form had a signature box like this ( a flight compensation claim site )
        Click image for larger version  Name:	E4BBBB1B-5387-4DF4-BD38-B80BF2AC5E01.png Views:	1 Size:	334.2 KB ID:	1498749

or if allay got hold of a signature ( maybe from the bank without authorisation) and copied it.Â*

If it could be the case that that was done you should go back to allay and ask exactly how your wifes signature came to be applied to the letter of authority when she did not sign the paper documents they sent to her and see what they come back with.

If she signed a random box on an internet page that didn't have the LOA attached to it, then she did not sign it regardless of where they have applied her signature to.

If she didn't sign anything (and the signature is completely different to her actual signature) then it may be fraud and a formal complaint to Lloyds, the ICO and the CMC ombudsman should be made.

Personally I'd go back and ask Allay for an explanation of the signature on the LOA first.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

How different is your wife signature ? I've seen a few of these now and although the signatures are different they look like the real signature but applied via a finger on a screen etc ( like signing for a parcel on the posties pda ) or using a mouse on a non touch screen device - For example does she sign using first name initial and last name but allays version is first initial and last name?Â*

Theres a question over whether the original allay form had a signature box like this ( a flight compensation claim site )
          Click image for larger version Name:	E4BBBB1B-5387-4DF4-BD38-B80BF2AC5E01.png Views:	1 Size:	334.2 KB ID:	1498749

or if allay got hold of a signature ( maybe from the bank without authorisation) and copied it.Â*

If it could be the case that that was done you should go back to allay and ask exactly how your wifes signature came to be applied to the letter of authority when she did not sign the paper documents they sent to her and see what they come back with.

If she signed a random box on an internet page that didn't have the LOA attached to it, then she did not sign it regardless of where they have applied her signature to.

If she didn't sign anything (and the signature is completely different to her actual signature) then it may be fraud and a formal complaint to Lloyds, the ICO and the CMC ombudsman should be made.

Personally I'd go back and ask Allay for an explanation of the signature on the LOA first.
          Hi Amethyst

My wife only partly filled in the Angies advice page and stopped when they asked for bank account details, she didn't sign anything.

The signature looks like it has been signed with a pen and not done by finger or via online, if that's the best they can do, then they need to employ better forgers.

I will ask them where they got the signature from, i suspect they will just stick to the usual replies and say my wife signed it.

Would the bank have sent copies of the original signed credit card / loan agreements to Allay.

Thanks for the advice, i will send them a letter about the signature.

All the best
          jimbomag

Comment

have you heard back anything yet?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi , only just found this forum so apologies for jumping on this thread.
              I've just recieved an invoice from Allay for fees for ppi claim, i also fell for Angies advice where this all stems from .I recieved forms to fill out which i promptly binned and until now heard nothing .
              Since that initial contact i've since sorted my own ppi claim successfuly . Allays claim is of a different amount to my banks by over a thousand pounds so initially my thoughts are they've made up figures hoping i'll pay up.
              I've emailed Allay for proof of signature as yet no reply.
              Any thoughts much appreciated.
              MGR.

Comment

Originally posted by MGR View Post
                Hi , only just found this forum so apologies for jumping on this thread.
                I've just recieved an invoice from Allay for fees for ppi claim, i also fell for Angies advice where this all stems from .I recieved forms to fill out which i promptly binned and until now heard nothing .
                Since that initial contact i've since sorted my own ppi claim successfuly . Allays claim is of a different amount to my banks by over a thousand pounds so initially my thoughts are they've made up figures hoping i'll pay up.
                I've emailed Allay for proof of signature as yet no reply.
                Any thoughts much appreciated.
                MGR.
                As always it's best to make a formal complaint. It puts your dispute on a formal footing and if unsuccessful allows you to take it to the Claims Management Ombudsman. *

When and where did you come across and act on*
                Angies advice? The FCA placed a ban on Allay promoting themselves on social media (see below) although I'm not sure when it came into effect, maybe a couple of months ago? I'll try and check with FCA.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Allay.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	1505766

Comment

Hi, i have written email asking for all paperwork relating to this claim , as to Angies advice not sure i'm guessing not long before i started my own claim.
                  My first acknowlegement from my bank is dated 30th August 2019.
                  I suppose until i recieve reply i'm in limbo so to speak.
                  Do the different compensation amounts mean anythong?
                  Last edited by MGR; 12th January 2020, 17:39:PM.

Comment

Ok, I'd hang on till you've got the info you've asked for before making a complaint. If you need a hand drafting one just shout.

Comment

Hi, just had reply from Allay asking for all my details , name address date of birth which they already have as they sent out invoice to my home.
                      I've refused and stated same as above , again requesting all relevent paperwork or I'll take it further.
                      They are quoting Data Protection but I'm not prepared to give then anymore information than is needed.
                      Am I doing right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by MGR View Post
                        Hi, just had reply from Allay asking for all my details , name address date of birth which they already have as they sent out invoice to my home.
                        I've refused and stated same as above , again requesting all relevent paperwork or I'll take it further.
                        They are quoting Data Protection but I'm not prepared to give then anymore information than is needed.
                        Am I doing right thing.
                        If you are asking for the data they hold on you, this is basically a Subject Access Request. They are entitled to verify you to ensure the data is being sent to the correct person, even if they already hold it. Realistically, you wouldn't want any information about you sent without them checking.

Comment

Ok, i was about to email with scanned invoice do you think that will do or should i do as they requested.

Comment

Did they originally send you the invoice by post or by email ?

Did you include your details in the email you sent to them, and did you ask for all data under the data protection act or just say that you've received an invoice from them can they send you evidence that you have any agreement with them and have them third party authority to act in your behalf ?

Get in touch with the bank in question and ask them for a copy of any third party authority applied to the relevant account ( you can tell them a random company is invoicing you for a claim you made directly with them - they are usually ok to send a copy out if there is one - you might have to go through security / give them your details for dpa purposes but that's fine )
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi , invoice arrived by post , did only ask for my details but have since sent them what they requested plus a scan of the invoice i'm now awaiting their reply.
                              Spoke to the bank they've removed them from system but no mention of any third party authority.
                              This all started with facebook but at no time did i sign any documents.

Comment

have you heard back anything yet?
                                Hi Amethyst
                                My wife Received LOA's from the Lloyds bank and also from Allay, the information is different on the LOA from Allay compared to the one from Lloyds, they should be the same, i sent Allay a letter asking them to explain this difference and where this signature was from and who signed it.

The signature on the LOA is an electronic signature, but it looks nothing like hers and is too precise to be written using a finger or a mouse, i suspect one of their agents has signed it.*

She has warned them she will escalate this to the ICO and FCA, should i ask for their complaints procedure first before we do this?

best regards
                                Jimbomag

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X