• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HSBC/Westcot issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSBC/Westcot issues

Hi all,

Apologies if this is repetitive but the general advice seems to require specific circumstances so I thought it would be worth starting a new thread, please merge etc if required!

I'm actually writing in behalf of my partner who left an overdraft facility in debt back in 2011 (before I came along!) which has just appeared in the form of Westcot chasing £740. It was a bit of a rough time I think and he doesn't have any of the documentation or real idea of how much the overdraft was so I'm not sure of the charges they may have added on.

It's the standard 'we have taken on the debt' letter but I can get the exact wording of need be, essentially saying he needs to contact within 10 days to stop additional charges and pay/set up some sort of agreement. It's approaching the 10 days, and he's asked my advice as I tend to be the organised one and I've been there through sorting a few pay day loans previously

Any advice on the best steps to take would be appreciated, from what I gather s77 isn't applicable to current account/overdrafts. Do I start the 3 letter procedure I've read about and what are the final effects of that on an overdraft?

Sorry for the long post! Thanks!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X