• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Credit file help to victims of crimr

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit file help to victims of crimr

Good morning, this is quite a long story so apologies in advance.

5 years ago I was the victim of a prolonged period of stalking. My partner at the time refused to believe me and his opinion was I was 'leading on' the individual concerned and the stalking was my fault. This led to a break down in our relationship. The stalking intensified once I was living alone, eventually the individual attacked me whilst I was walking from my car. This event allowed me to gain a restraining order. At this point my now ex partner began attempting to cause me problems at work by constantly writing to and phoning my employer stating that I was lying about the stalking issue. This is because the individual committing the offence was a friend of my ex partner. The effects of this has been extremely far reaching. I was unable to perform in my role, didn't leave the house and had no friends or family left after years of living in fear.
    3 months after the restraining order was issued the individual broke into my home and I was subjected to an extremely violent sexual assault that left me hospitalised for many weeks.

Fast forward 2 years and the individual was suces fully prosecuted. I have been receiving medical assistance and am attempting to move on with my life. I want to move from the property I was attacked in however when I tried to secure a new mortgage my credit file was terrible. My ex partner had taken out credit cards and pay day loans in my name. I was horrified. I had paid back everything as I just want to move on but I'm unable to with defaults listed against my name. The professional impact of the stalking and costs of accessing the help I needed have used up all my savings. The ex partner has disappeared (thankfully). Is there any agancy out there who can help me? I know I am responsible for the money as it was my fault he had access to enough of my information to be able to take out these account, hence me repaying them, however all I want is to be able to move from the property I suffered thd worst event of my life in and I have no idea if this is possible.

Any advice gratefully recieved. Many thanks
    M
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X