• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Motor finance in my name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor finance in my name

Hi all,

Just recieved letter from Robinsonway who claim I owe £461 and debt has been passed on from blackhorse (they seem to be solely mortor finance providers). I really have no idea what they are on about and have never took any sort of finance out.

So I joined experian to have a nosey and when I was setting up account they say my equifax indicates that I took motor finance out around November 2018 and who was it with? It lists five companies but I select none of the above option...... The next question asks for the amount of regular payment for this motor finance and the smallest amount of the five options is £650-699, so again I hit none of the above and my experian account was created and shows no finance account on my credit score account /history.

The account does show one default (a really silly mistake involving accidentally taking out two phones contracts and not realising I was only paying for one and hence the second one defaulted and I paid this off two years ago). But everything else is fine and all correct balances.

Why did it ask me about this car finance? I'm assuming it is something to do with this blackhorse debt request from rw but I'm trying to get to the bottom of it. Why did experian ask the question but not show on my credit file? Have I been victim of identity fraud? The thing is my credit is very low and no one would give me car finance especially for an amount that was requiring a regular payment of £650 min to be made so this is strange. And also strange that the debt is only for £461.

I'm going to send a prove it letter to Robinsonway but just wondering if anyone can shed any light on how/where experian might pull infomation from? My name is not common but cld it be as simple as someone has my same name? Would they not need to have same birthday as well for this question to be generated?

Any insight would be welcome thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X