• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please help - Ill father signed up for course

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help - Ill father signed up for course

Hello,

I am unsure on where to post this and whether anybody is able to help.

My father in March had a stroke, and being self employed working long hours we as a family have had to pick up a lot of slack - which has dented his pride quite naturally.

Looking online he signed up for a course with an American company called Local Marketing Vault to learn how to earn money by marketing for local businesses. This was rash, awful decision on his part which he has now realised and as much as we want to strangle him we now need to try and pick up the pieces.

He signed up for a loan with a company named Universal account services based over in America, and paid a deposit by credit card directly to LMV.

What are the legal justifications for demanding the balance be written off and the original payment written off? They've offered credit to somebody living in the UK, not carried out any affordability checks (which would have shown it wasn't affordable) and taken money without providing a service of any value to him. The company is essentially a scam, very poorly reviewed online; though I do appreciate it was signed up for by him so I'm not sure where we stand.

Any advice at all would be amazing

Thanks

Glenn
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X