• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lucas Credit Services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucas Credit Services

Hi,

I've had a look through the forums and found some very useful information but I'm not sure how I can apply it to my case, which letter to use etc..

The situation is probably familiar enough, I had a contract with 3 Mobile in 2004/2005 and terminated the contract early. 3 were fine over the phone but I noticed that they were still taking money from my account despite being assured that my contract was up, I was out of the final month and clear. I was advised in a shop that I might still be within some outstanding period and to not cancel the DD, after three or four months with them still taking money I called up and was assured they weren't taking money and told to cancel the DD at my bank which I did. In 2008/2009 I had a letter claiming that I owed 3 Mobile £42, I told the company at the time (I forget it's name but probably have the letter somewhere in the attic) that I didn't and if anything 3 owed me money. After that I heard nothing so I thought the matter closed.
    I received a letter on the 22nd July (dated the 18th) from Lucas Credit Services which is asking for £42 from an outstanding 3 Mobile debt, it's all bright red with big scary words like "final demand" and "a debt collection agent may come and visit you" which I presume are intended to frighten me into paying. Aside from one phone call in 2008(ish) I've had no contact from these people, admittedly I have moved house three times since 2005 but even so to receive a "final demand" out of the blue seems cheeky even for a credit company.

I was advised that since this all occurred over 6 years ago I can tell them to whistle for it but I'd rather put this to bed once and for all.

Also they have stated a start date of 29/12/2005 and an end date of 30/03/2011 as part of the account information, which is confusing. I was only ever with 3 Mobile for twenty two months, I admit I might be a little off with the dates but I have no relevant records from that period to go back and confirm exact dates.

Do I send a "prove it" letter and leave it there or is there another template for dealing with this kind of thing?

EDIT - It may also be worth mentioning I'm currently part way through a DRO to clear a student overdraft that was drowning me in interest and to manage repaying an overpayment of WTC.
    Last edited by perspexion; 28th July 2013, 14:13:PM. Reason: error
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X