• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

British Gas and AIC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Gas and AIC

Hello. I just joined and looking for some help! I am currently in debt with BG and have just received a letter from AIC demanding payment out of the blue.

I was on a payment plan with BG but could not afford what they wanted each week as I am on a veterans disability pension of £225 per month and that is my only income which if I read correctly puts me in the category of being vulnerable status.

The only benefit I receive is housing and council tax.

Initially it was okay as they were reasonable but what they started to ask for was more than 50 quid a week which I could not afford.

I called them several times and said I would pay them £10 per week ( which is pushing it for me from a financial view)
    which I have done faithfully for the past three or so months.

The last letter from them said they would attempt a warrant if I did not pay in full.
    I of course called BG when I received this on April 30th.

I cannot and refused to have a pre payment meter installed as BG suggested as my landlord would not allow it
    and it would of course result in me being evicted (like he did to the previous tenants).

I explained all this to the BG rep along with my total income and he understood and said to keep paying my tenner a week
    but that I would still receive letters from BG anyways.

Nothing was ever said about these AIC people who I understand are not the nicest bunch and BG never informed me they had done this. I have also applied to the BG trust fund for help and I informed the BG rep of this as well.
    Being a vet I contacted the legion for help and some one was supposed to contact me but never got a response.

So what can I do to sort this out? Phone calls do not seem to work so what kind of letter or email can I send BG?

I am getting tired of trying to explain my situation to BG all the time
    only to have it fall on deaf ears and from what I have read about about AIC I would not speak to them at all.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X