• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blemain / Lancashire Mortgage Corporation Got problems? want to fight back read here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blemain / Lancashire Mortgage Corporation Got problems? want to fight back read here

Does this Sound familiar?; I took out a loan with Lancashire Mortgage Corporation I have been frantic, asking myself why on earth did I sign for such a terrible deal. What have I gone and done . How could I be so stupid, I am going to lose everything. There is nothing I can do. Every month is getting worse. I can’t think straight. When will it all end. How do I explain this to my family. Where are we going to live. If it wasn’t for them I would just throw the towel in. I am at rock bottom stressed depressed. I can’t afford a solicitor, I am on my own no one can help me. I have to go along with what ever LMC say I am trapped in this hell of misery that is engulfing my life, I look for answers on the internet reading forums like this!
    Sound familiar That was then, that was why I chose the name suffering, am I suffering now, no never felt better my mind is clear and I do not feel Blemain / Lancashire Mortgage Corporation have a hope in hell of beating me. I want this company to pay for its disgraceful behaviour I want to help anyone I can through my experience and want to hear feed back and help. I have no legal background and any information is based on my opinions, experience , my actions, and my research it may or may not be the best course of action to take only you can decide that. The fight back starts here. The day i decided i had had enough and fought back the cloud was lifted. I can't be sure but my case may be one of the worst cases to date

The first thing to realise is Blemain group prey on the vulnerable, they are not interested in whether you can afford to make repayments or not because if you miss repayments they will make more money, do not fall into the trap of thinking they are helping you.They are not remotely interested in you or your family. They will drain every penny of your equity away.then sell your house. Brokers use them because they get massive payments and commissions, that have been lumped onto your loan. We may never find out how many people have been conned.
    Important Note;
    If your loan is unregulated then look at it like this, the loan company is regulated and more importantly the loan's (including your loan)are regulated by contract law and are not above the law, they want you to to think you have no rights but you do

So what you going to do about it. I found it hard to put complaints into words so this is what i done

step 1. If you feel you have a complaint write your whole story down, everything, it will help you understand it, everything leading up to the loan, what lead you to take the loan, things that were said, things that were done, everything during the loan anything that made you change a decision. Were you told anything that later you found was'nt true check back through emails look back through your paper work etc check your agreement (contract) with a fine tooth combe

step 2. Turn your story into sections then sections into complaints then research your complaints
    IE you were told somthing that wasnt true that made you take out the loan = False statement of facts = misrepresentation which is a concept in contract law which allows for a remedy of rescission and somtimes damages. Rescission has been defined as the unmaking of a contract. This is done to bring the parties as far as possible, back to the position in which they were before they entered into a contract. So you can see how important reserch is!
    Thats enough for now i will keep posting
    Last edited by suffering; 24th December 2012, 05:53:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: Blemain / Lancashire Mortgage Corporation Got problems? want to fight back read h

Just make sure you do keep posting. There are far too many sharks out there masquerading as legitimate lenders. Tell your story. Chances are it's happened to someone on here, perhaps to many of us on here. No-one is going to judge or criticise you, so let us know what's happened. You will certainly get support, but more importantly constructive advice.

Comment

Re: Blemain / Lancashire Mortgage Corporation Got problems? want to fight back read h

I want to add; Companies like Blemain spend a fortune on training, as anyone in sales knows you are specifically lead from A to Z down a carefully planned path using mind games without you knowing it This is a muti billion pound company and thier actions are carefully planned. If you are having problems with Blemain DO NOT USE THE PHONE FOR CONTACT they record everything and log everything i know i have seen it. It is their prefered method of comuniction because you have no evidence of vebal agreements or actions. email is only good if you want to catch them out i.e they have said somthing on the phone send them a email saying i refer to our conversation could you please confirm the following etc so you have a record. but the speed of email can be dangerous to you, they will give you unreasonable deadlines and try to rush things through, and put you under pressure. Tell them your prefered method of communication is in writing sent by post. (I know its a pain but it is safer and to your advantage ) file all your paper work.

Just to summarise; On your loan agreement the word agreement really should say contract. and that contract whether Blemain like it or not, IS REGULATED not necessary by a regulatory body such as FSA but by English contract law. To understand more read here;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_contract_law

P.S If anyone wants to contact me in confidence Click on the name suffering then click private message.
      you are not alone, just look at the numbers of people that read these forums
      Last edited by suffering; 23rd December 2012, 09:47:AM.

Comment

Hi suffering....good thread you have started...but if you look at the terms and agreements of the Blemain loans you will see a term in there...which states that this loan will be governed by English law. I will have a look at what my agreement says and will write out exactly what it reads.

Comment

I think if you read number 28 it says that this agreement is under English law.....not sure if that is the same as what you are saying?

Also if you read term 29.7 where info is given regarding interest rates you will see that Blemain have created an unfair relationship under s140 as the interest rate will never come down...and always stay high...regardless of whatever rate or base they link their interest to.
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes contract law is part of the English Law

Comment

I have re-looked at my contract and sections 28/29 refer to the legal charge so is irelevent.

What you have is a contract that is regulated by English Law.( under contract law) This is powerful stuff that blemain would not want to point out to you. They cannot get away from this fact.

on a lighter note "A man who keeps his hand in his pocket feel's cocky all day"

Comment

Sorry but I read the comments as racist and inflammatory and totally unacceptable and therefore I am reporting the thread to Admin.

Comment

Have i had some posts removed?

Comment

I have every intention of taking these parasites to town very shortly-watch this space!!!

Comment

These ba-rstewards have been charging me pre-legal monthly fee of £500 per month- these and their other 'made' up fees including telephone fee charges when I don't have a phone now amount to in excess of 23k-not impressed-to say the least!

Comment

We are all looking to take Blemain and their sister companies on. Just a thought, anyone who has had a dealing with them, will have had many things said in phone conversations that cannot be proven, and have had things happen, that to a judge he may be forgiven for thinking it has not happened or would not happen. however if we could go to court with signed letters from other people confirming a similar experience, an argument may carry more weight.
                        Also does it really make any difference if we were to come out and say a lot more on here about our case, because as everyone knows you have to virtually show your hand prior to a court hearing. IE if i told my full experience with Lanc. Mortgage Corp. and listed my complaints, how would that effect a court hearing when i finally get my day. What are the implications because if you can't say exactly what has happened how do we know if it is general practices by this company or isolated incidents.

Comment

Suffering if you upgrade to VIP, that is a safer place to post than on the main forums as only VIP's will be able to view. Then you only put stuff on here which you do not mind Blemain seeing.

Comment

Thanks Tuttsi i am not afraid of Blemain / LMC anymore, but i will be careful not to make it personal ( but they do make my blood boil at times.) To anyone following this thread fed up with burying their heads hoping it will go away or those realising their problem with blemain will not go away unless thier house goes with it! start your fight back now!

write out your story / turn your story into complaints / research your complaints / re read all your past paper work from the lender and broker/ remember a court needs a act of law to be able to help you / seek legal advice and make sure the person is qualified and experienced in the area of law you need (ie finance, litigation and contract law) if you can stretch to a barristor, the advice will be invaluable, i did and it opened up new areas to concentrate on, they will also give you an idea of the chances of success. I also went to 3 different solicitors for free half hour consultations and went to Cit Ad bureau to get defferent opinions Take note the fos, fsa,oft, and courts will not act untill you have complianed and given the loan co. a chance to respond, and it will be the first question you will be asked.
                            How to complain; after building my case i contacted the fos and asked if they would help with my complaint they agreed and sent my complaint in for me. This added weight to my complaint and Blemain knew i was serious, the fos allow 8 weeks for a response and blemain / lmc took 7 in that time they went all out to try and take possession of my other property (read my post LPA Receivers, Waterfold / blemain/ LMC) dont let this put you off you are only postponing the enevitable (they would have tried it at some stage anyway) So when the fos have sent your complaint in, ask for a copy if you are not happy with the strength of it, send in your complaint as well, (i did) don't worry about repeating yourself get your points accross.
                            Start by writing ; I am sending this draft (subject to amendment). This allows a solicitor or yourself to add or change anything at a later stage. Mention you have sort legal advice
                            Then list and number your complaints with headings. This makes it clear and easy to refer to in the future.
                            When you finally get a reply it will try and soften your argument ( thats what they are employed to do) it will read; you feel that we have , etc etc you consider that blah blah. you are unhappy that blah blah you had independent advice etc etc do not be put off! they are not the whiter than white company they would have you believe. They have just been fined by the FSA for malpractices
                            Other malpractices include
                            Blemain V Peter Bentley (Unfair relationship )
                            Blemain V Thomas (Agreements unenforceable)
                            Blemain V Andrea Jane Ridley (lenders abuse of process )
                            Get your complaint in and good luck Do not give up!

" I HAVE NOT FAILED, I HAVE JUST FOUND 10,000 WAYS THAT WON'T WORK" By T A Edison
                            Last edited by suffering; 2nd January 2013, 11:47:AM.

Comment

Hi Suffering

its nice to see someone taking the fight to blemain

can i ask if any of your complaints have been resolved ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X