• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blemain / Lancashire Mortgage Corporation Got problems? want to fight back read here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blemain / Lancashire Mortgage Corporation Got problems? want to fight back read h

If they have changed their name should they have not provided you with these details of the change to Cheshire Mortgage Corporation Ltd?

Just my thoughts but under Data Protection you have now another company holding your personal details? Maybe make some enquiries with the ICO.

I just hate it when things like this happen and they do not advise you.

Comment

Re: Blemain / Lancashire Mortgage Corporation Got problems? want to fight back read h

No they have not changed their name they are all part of the same groupe of companies but Cheshire is the dominant company in the eyes of the fsa

Comment

Suffering
        Keep it up you are not allown in haveing problems with the gang at Lakeside,

Comment

Originally posted by suffering View Post
          No they have not changed their name they are all part of the same groupe of companies but Cheshire is the dominant company in the eyes of the fsa
          Dormant not Dominant with Companies house surely?

Comment

Another general question. What if the unregulated secured loan was sold to a DCA? Can the DCA start repossession proceedings? The account was not defaulted before sold on, however I take into account what was said in post 41 that they didn't seem to have to if unregulated.

Comment

Lancashire Mortgage Hidden Commissions Do you want to know how much hidden commission the broker's get? I was just going through my SAR paperwork that they sent and came accross this Quotation Summary written in hand down the side it states;
              Acceptance fee 2.5%
              Total loan facility 1%
              Exit fee 1.35%
              It also has the word commission written under them
              This is on top of the Brokers fee no wonder they get voted brokers awards as preferred lenders. This is a clear reason why brokers are queing up to put business their way dispite being known in the industrty as ruthless Bathtubs.
              on the bottom of the paper it states; Please note; This summary is intended for broker use only and should not be used as a written quotation or offer of loan. It therefore should not be passed to or enter into the public domaian ( Whooops! it just has)
              Last edited by suffering; 21st February 2013, 18:53:PM.

Comment

My brokers fee was £2550. Their hidden commission was just under £4,000 the question is who were the brokers really working for? No prizes for working it out!
                While we are on the subject of brokers don't dismiss the idea that they may have been responsible for the situation you find yourself in, just because he/she appeared nice and friendly dosent mean they did'nt play a part in setting you up, and contiue to do so with other unsupecting clients, therfore claims can be brought against them as well. (they are insured for such claims) and while your at it, remember the solicitor that advised you? well don't dismiss that avenue as well.

P,S Cut the head off the snake and the snake will die, the snake is Blemain
                Last edited by suffering; 23rd February 2013, 07:46:AM. Reason: added P.S

Comment

just read paragraph 12. in terms/ agreement
                  The lender may also make additional payments to the broker at a later date dependant on a number of factors including the quality of the business introduced to the lender of between 0.1% to 3.75% of the total business introduced to the lender. by signing this agreement the borrower is consenting to the lender making all these payments to the broker. You should be aware such payments by the lender may prevent your broker from giving unbiased advice when selecting, or advising you on a loan/and or insurance which is suitable to your needs.
                  sounds like double dealing to me. so they buy off the broker that you instruct and pay to act independently on your behalf. Unfair term ? sounds like it

Comment

The LEGAL CHARGE that LMC rely on to repossess our house was signed by us and witnessed by the solicitor BUT IT WAS NOT DATED! the date was added at a later stage by LMC /Blemain. (2 days later) i was told by the solicitor this was common practice with loans. now common practice does'nt mean it is right or leagle or binding he would'nt coment i have a copy and so does the solicitor of the signed UN-DATED DOCUMENT

In court next week so going through everything with a fine tooth comb THIS MAY BE IMPORTANT I AM TRYING TO WORK IT OUT
                    Cantorlaw up to dirty tricks delivered 48 page doc last minute to my house and court by hand 4 working days before hearing aminding their incorrect court documents! and adding paperwork
                    I will update after court hearing

****i have added this information ****** paragraph 3 of the schedule states:The mortgagor authorises the lender to insert the relevant date. So maybe it is legal after all?
                    Last edited by suffering; 4th March 2013, 03:17:AM. Reason: further information found

Comment

I wish you the best of luck suffering.....and look forward to hearing how you get on....and I agree Blemain & LMC do not play nice guys and what they have done...well...I am not surprised to say the least as this is what they do for a living....conning people.

Comment

Cantor law are the in-house solicitors for Blemain but does anyone know of proof other than they have and do share the same premises i.e shareholders or directors

Comment

Hi suffering

Your are right in saying that cantor law are in house solicitors, but there is no legal connection with the blemain group, the reason being that to own or run a firm of solicitors then the owner / director has to be a solicitor. So effectively blemain can never own a firm of solicitors.

The Legal Services 2007 Act allows legal services regulators to dismantle the restrictive practices imposed by the regulatory regime under which law firms could only be owned and run by lawyers. On 31 March this year, we removed tight restrictions on who can own and manage solicitors firms. Legal disciplinary practices (LDPs) of mixed kinds of lawyers and with up to 25 per cent non-lawyer managers are now permitted. At the same time, we modernised our powers, to allow us to regulate firms as well as individuals. Those changes are stepping stones to a much greater change in the legal services market—the delivery of legal services through alternative business structures (ABSs). It is that change which has the potential to have a major impact upon consumers' experience of legal services, stimulating competition, encouraging innovation, while safeguarding standards. We share the Legal Services Board's objective to deliver that change in 2011.

Cantor Law Limited is an Active business incorporated in England & Wales on 9th December 2005. Their business activity is recorded as Solicitors. Cantor Law Limited is run by 2 current members. and 1 company secretary. 1 shareholders own the total shares within the company. It is not part of a group. The latest Annual Accounts submitted to Companies House for the year up to 28/02/2012 reported 'cash at bank' of £823,299, 'liabilities' worth £180,251, 'net worth' of £1,118,410 and 'assets' worth £1,298,113. Cantor Law Limited's risk score was amended on 17/11/2012.

Alex Jeffery

Mr Stephen Brian Cantor

wp
                          Last edited by welshperson; 4th March 2013, 14:18:PM.

Comment

Thanks for that info WP that explains it
                            I started this thread to help others going through this mess a step or two behind me learning what i learn and learning from my mistakes
                            LMC /Blemain have started possession proceedings. and i needed an adjourment for more time,i had returned the Defence form (you must do this asap) i ticked the box disputing the claim and wrote please see paper work enclosed.(writing on a seperate piece gives you chance to check and change and add information) i did the same in section 27 giving details of events and circumstances which lead to the arrears. (put everything you can think of down numbering each one). I put down 45 complaints / alligations (yes 45!) you should send a copy of your defence / complaints to the enemy (Blemain) I drafted a letter asking for an adjournment on the following grounds 1. substantial complaints & aligations 2. The time allocated was not enough 3. I was predjudiced against seeking appropriate legal advice as non of the free agencies would advise me 4. Awaiting a decision from the FOS 5. arrears amount incorrect.
                            Went to court. The enemies man approched me announcing he was the barristor for LMC and did i want to discuss anything i was'nt faized i replied no. went in, An adjournment was granted for 1 month
                            Last edited by suffering; 6th March 2013, 22:35:PM.

Comment

Well done.

Important you keep pressure on them now and keep focused. At the end of the day they get dumbfoundered when someone stands up to them, it sort of puts them right out of their comfort zone.

Comment

I just want to add if you go to court just remember they are trying to make you look like the bad guy thats broken the rules and not kept up with the payments etc. Do not let them get away with it! when you file your defence make sure you even things up,and give some background on the company i.e as reported in the manchester evening news and on the FSA web site the chief excutive Henry Moser and sister company fined £1.25 million pounds for malpractices and treating customers unfairly would be a start.
                                Last edited by suffering; 6th March 2013, 22:45:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X