• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Link in the firing line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link in the firing line

Courtesy of Richard Spud @ CAG

*Another OFT warning for a DCA – “Link Financial Limited”.*

http://www.oft.gov.uk/news/press/2009/58-09

Interestingly, while the OFT Requirement refers to debtor tracing, the reference
    at paragraph “3” to the allocation to reduce an alleged debt by the £1 fee for
    ss.77 /78 CCA 1974 requests goes someway to recognise that such payments for
    statutory requests are not only to be accepted as such, they should not be
    understood to be any admission of an alleged debt by the making of a payment and
    consequently, possibly, extending the statute barred period for a disputed debt
    or other alleged debt.

As an aside; the recent practice brought to my attention of DCAs referring in
    correspondence to debtors as their “Customers” and provide statements of
    accounts without any payments showing as made is an insidious a practice as are
    the obnoxious parasitic DCAs.

Finally in update of the sickening practices employed by some DCAs; the 62 year
    old widow of a deceased friend of mine of some 30 years practising as a
    colleague who sadly passed away in February this year informed me by telephone
    late one evening last week that two burly debt collectors (she described them as
    “Bouncer types”) called at her home demanding £42 for an alleged unpaid E-bay
    account in her husband’s name. Upon the presentation of her husband’s death
    certificate, the “Bouncers” asked her to give them £42 plus their collection
    fees of £220. They very kindly offered to drive her to an ATM to withdraw the
    funds from the bank account that receives her State Pension, Incapacity and
    Widows Benefit. Such nice individuals don’t you think? Needless to say; my
    friend’s window rather astutely referred the “Bouncers” (from an unidentified
    company) to the Executors of her late husband’s estate.

Regards – Richard.

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X