• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with possible old CCJ’s. Doorstep visit by Debt Collection Agent. What next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with possible old CCJ’s. Doorstep visit by Debt Collection Agent. What next?

Hello, I’m looking for some advice please? I had bank loans which I defaulted on in 2010 when I had to leave employment to have a family. Due to our circumstances I couldn’t go back to work. I spoke to the bank at the time to try and find a solution and I was told they couldn’t help me because my income was too low. It was then passed on to a debt collection agency. I believe around middle of 2015 a default CCJ was awarded to each loan as I was visited in late 2015 by an agent who told me he was chasing them. I called the call centre and explained I have no income, no assets and no house. I was told I had 30 days to figure out a solution but I didn’t hear from them after that apart from the odd letter from different debt agencies. Then late 2023 a gentleman knocked on my door from another debt collection agency regarding a debt of a completely different amount. I sent a Statute Barred letter and had a reply to say there was a CCJ on the account so the debt is not statute barred. The debt they were chasing was less than the smaller loan though.

I checked my credit file and there is no record of a CCJ as the only ones I might have had according to the visiting Agent in 2015 were from over 6 years ago. The file was passed to Cabot who sent another agent to my home. So now I am supposed to contact them. I believe I should send them an information request letter for each reference? Take it from there? I still have no assets (my name is not on anything) and no income. Until last years visit the last time I spoke to someone was 2015, 8 years with no contact. There have been no actions by the DCA’s in that time for example, collection orders, bailiffs or stops on bank accounts, no actions at all in the 8 years as far as I know.

Can I be legally pursued for this now? I don’t know what to do. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X